Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've got an 02 1800c that I just did the standard upgrades to (Vance Hines bigshots minus baffles, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro & Power Commander III). I had it Dyno tuned post upgrade, but not before. The results were around 100 HP & 120 ft lbs at the rear wheel. I'm wondering what other results other guys have got with similar upgrades and what the stock numbers were on the 1800? I know Honda rated the motor at roughly the same numbers that I had, but I'm assuming that was at the crankshaft.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
Those are pretty good numbers. The stock VTX1800 is 106 hp at the crank and 87 at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had 2 numbers on my Dyno, 121 (I don't remember what that represented) and 127 ft lbs of torque at my rear tire. I could not read what your numbers were? I basically had the same set up. I did not put my V&H pipes on until years later. I was using HK.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have modified OEM pipes, basically straight pipes with 10" glass packed baffles. A power commander III and a stock air box with a K & N filter. In fourth gear I got 94 HP and 106 Torque. It was custom mapped. I have since added a MTC clutch system and it pulls even harder. It is a great mod.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have modified OEM pipes, basically straight pipes with 10" glass packed baffles. A power commander III and a stock air box with a K & N filter. In fourth gear I got 94 HP and 106 Torque. It was custom mapped. I have since added a MTC clutch system and it pulls even harder. It is a great mod.
That's the exact hp and torque #'s I got on my Dino tune. (94 & 106) Stock ported air box with K&N filter, USB3, and big shots. Very pleased with it. Improved drivability and a little on the gas mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts