Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just got a VTX T after 20 years of not owning my own ride. So now I finally have a VTX.

As the wind buffets my head at 50 MPH plus (have the stock windscreen) my glasses wiggle enough to where my vision appears like I'm sitting on a vibrating back massage pad. Adding pressure to the glasses frame by pushing them flat against my face or scrunching up my nose gets rid of their problem, but eventually the frames slip away from my face or I get tired of scrunching my nose.

My carpool partner has a VTX as well - and wears glasses - but he says he doesn't have this problem. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this problem and what you did to fix it.

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Okay, so I just got a VTX T after 20 years of not owning my own ride. So now I finally have a VTX.

As the wind buffets my head at 50 MPH plus (have the stock windscreen) my glasses wiggle enough to where my vision appears like I'm sitting on a vibrating back massage pad. Adding pressure to the glasses frame by pushing them flat against my face or scrunching up my nose gets rid of their problem, but eventually the frames slip away from my face or I get tired of scrunching my nose.

My carpool partner has a VTX as well - and wears glasses - but he says he doesn't have this problem. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this problem and what you did to fix it.

Answer : Super Glue works every time :thumbup:

Try moving the screen either slightly up or down, sometimes that's all it takes.

·
co-sponsor
4,082 Posts

on a side note, there's a big VTXOA get together right there in your town in 2 weeks, check it out!
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209491

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Bulldogs gathering in the burg

Last sat. In june 322 deacon road fred'burg va 22405 everyones meeting at fms fredericksburg motor sports between 10am and 11 am 40% discount on in stock items then ride to house for fun and food. Friday night before everyone going to boston house of pizza across the street from the house for ice breaker. Over 200 guys and gals comming from as far away as tx. And ny fla ga pa maryland nj and more please try to make it.no one will care if your eyes are shaking lol. Welcome to the site. Ride safe jr bulldogs dad

·
Registered
76 Posts
You migt try going faster and let the wind keep them pushed back for ya. :yikes: It was jut a thought. Good or bad? You can decide. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wear glasses and cannot ride without a face shield. My glasses move around so much I can't see a thing. I've got a taller windshield on order, if it will ever get here, and I'm hoping that will help. Other than that, I bought some 'fit-over' sunglasses from Walmart that I hope will help but it's been raining for two days and haven't had a chance to test them out.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Greetin's tbstout2,

It sounds like your getting a face full of wind...Try putting your hand about chest high when at a steady speed. I did this and found most of the air was coming from underneath my shield. So I did the only thing a man with three kids can do and made myself some lowers...Check out Crap Mods and you'll find out what I'm talking about.. Good luck and hope to see you around. Check out bulldogs party-lot of great folks in the area.

Skip8)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I wear shades with foam around the perimeter and the little adjustable band that attaches to the earpieces. Works fine!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Put on some LOWERS - this will eliminate the head buffetting.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Last sat. In june 322 deacon road fred'burg va 22405 everyones meeting at fms fredericksburg motor sports between 10am and 11 am 40% discount on in stock items then ride to house for fun and food. Friday night before everyone going to boston house of pizza across the street from the house for ice breaker. Over 200 guys and gals comming from as far away as tx. And ny fla ga pa maryland nj and more please try to make it.no one will care if your eyes are shaking lol. Welcome to the site. Ride safe jr bulldogs dad
Bulldogs having a party, let me check my schedule, I just may try and make this.

·
Registered
808 Posts
:agree:+1 on the lowers. I haven't eliminated it completely but it's very close to gone (still need to play with placement - I have memphis shades lowers).

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Lowers should help at least they did for me

·
Registered
63 Posts
Weird

I have been wearing glasses for 43 years and riding for 36 on every type of bike imaginable without that problem. Must be the wrap around bows I use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
+1 on National Cycle 2 Up Shield. I also have the lowers and almost all buffeting is gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just ordered a set of lowers. I'll also try a different helmet other than the Full Face Shoie.

Thanks for all the input. See ya on the roads.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lowers won't do ****. Save yourself a bunch of $ and buy a set of goggles that fit over your glasses or a set of goggles that integrate your glassesnojoke

1 - 20 of 28 Posts