Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks Joe, it is working gret. Joe and I got the new brackets on it today, they need to be polished out, and finished, but they are were they need to be now, and im very happy with the position of it now. Got to finish the paint, and electronics, but its comming along really good now.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Reaper said:
Thanks Joe, it is working gret. Joe and I got the new brackets on it today, they need to be polished out, and finished, but they are were they need to be now, and im very happy with the position of it now. Got to finish the paint, and electronics, but its comming along really good now.

8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Intruder Rider said:
Looks good Reaper,put the rack on mine yesterday,won't be on all the time though

LOL, not looking to good? I hate racks on bikes, but mine will more then likly be on anytime the sissybar is on. I may go back to the Cobra one for my sissy bar, it was a good rack, the new one looks a bit stupid on there.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Smoken'JOE said:
Reaper said:

8) 8) 8)

Bro, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. This will now let me sleep, LMAO.

·
Registered
326 Posts
awesome look bro. thank for the pics.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Reaper, looking real good! Are you worried at all about access to the radio once it's mounted in the stock location? Do you still have your stock handlebar mounting block in case you have to use handlebars that are lower in the middle? If not, I have a complete Retro handlebar and mounting block that I got in a package deal off of ebay, you are welcome to them.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looking great Reaper! Can't wait to see that thing in person.

Brian

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Travelin' Man said:
Reaper, looking real good! Are you worried at all about access to the radio once it's mounted in the stock location? Do you still have your stock handlebar mounting block in case you have to use handlebars that are lower in the middle? If not, I have a complete Retro handlebar and mounting block that I got in a package deal off of ebay, you are welcome to them.

Thanks bro, but I would get rid of the fairing before my Fattys, LOL. Not worried, the back of the radio might hit my headlight, thats the big problem right now. I can get to the radio, not easy, but then I will have an RF remote :twisted: Most music will be from my MP3, so if the radio becomes a big deal, I will just put an amp in the fairing, andf run the MP3 as my music sorce, its got the FM tuner, and I could add XM if I want. There is an active roadie just sitting in are house that know one uses, so I got options. This has been a he!! of alot more work then I planned, and after summer, it will come off, and I may just use the inside as a mold to make my own glass in side, then I can put bigger speakers in, and put the radio were I want it, but for now, I only got 300.00 at this point into it, so it will work good for this season. Even with all the work, its been a really fun prodject, it has made me work, and think alot, and everything is ending up having to be customized, but I cant wait till next year, it will get airbrushed, and real paint if I like it after a season. Thanks guys for the support, and comments, im hoping to be running it for the Dells ride, since I gave my old shield away already, LOL

·
Registered
695 Posts
Very nice

Reaper

The fairing looks awesome, The painted inner fairing really makes it stand out.

Steve

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Re: Very nice

vtxed said:
Reaper

The fairing looks awesome, The painted inner fairing really makes it stand out.

Steve

Thanks bro, I really am finding out why paying someone to paint is worth it :evil: When this is over I shall never paint again as long as I live.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Got the new stereo in it tonight, Holy crap is it all really close, I got the radar detector in, one of the sets of speakers, and got my speedo done (different prodject), but it was keeping my bike from being used, so a biggy to get done. I will work on all the wireing through out the week, and get at what I hope is the final sanding on the fairing, If, and I meen IF all goes well, it could hit the road this weekend, but im not counting on it with everything that seems to go wrong. I will work on some pics this week, I was to much into it tonight to stop for pics. Still got a lot to go, im trying to get Friday off work, so I could get up at 5:00 and work throught the whole day, but its not looking good for that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
????

Dan,
What year and bike did you get the fairing from??? With all of this fairing phase going around, now I have to locate one and get it installed...

Later
David

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Re: ????

Simpleman said:
Dan,
What year and bike did you get the fairing from??? With all of this fairing phase going around, now I have to locate one and get it installed...

Later
David

Better be sure of that bro, its way more work then I thought, but no regrets. Mine is for 96-06 Harley street glide I think, they are all over ebay bro, and they are almost all the same, I had to strip it and sand, prime, but its all good, I got about 300.00 in it now with paint, and the inside part, and front part. I been real lucky with getting parts cheep, and or free. I really didnt want to use it year round, it was only going to be for longer trips, and cold weather, but the place I work for has been doing electronics on bikes, and gave me all the stuff for it, with the deal that my bike comes to work, and is used as a demo bike when im working, so they kind of want it on there, so I will have to pull it off every weekend when I ride, I so like the bike stripped down, glad I made it quick removable.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts