Honda VTX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Reaper said:
Well it looks like I got a guy lined up to paint it for me, and maybe even start working on paint for the bike, airbrushing, and a few other things, but he wont have time before the Dells ride, and im notgoing to have the bike ripped apart as riding time is comming, so I will sand on it till Sunday, and then shoot some black paint on it for the ride, and deal with it till he has time.
8)

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
2FS4LV said:
Reaper said:
Well it looks like I got a guy lined up to paint it for me, and maybe even start working on paint for the bike, airbrushing, and a few other things, but he wont have time before the Dells ride, and im notgoing to have the bike ripped apart as riding time is comming, so I will sand on it till Sunday, and then shoot some black paint on it for the ride, and deal with it till he has time.
8)

YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE THINGS THAT DONT LOOK RIGHT ON MY BIKE. This will hurt to do, LOL

·
Registered
693 Posts
That looks great from what we can see! I'm hoping you throw up a bunch more pictures, inside and out, when you're all done.

I was wondering about getting a fairing just for those cross country trips and I was thinking with my custom paint, the final cost would be way too high for me. But then someone mentioned the leather bra!! Awesome. I wouldn't even have to finish it if the leather covered enough. Plus I'd want to keep it pretty empty other than maybe a radio. That way it could be taken off with no fuss. Just a pipe dream right now though.

Anyway, show us some pictures with your saddlebags. I looked at some of your pics and I didn't see hard bags, so I wanted to know how it looked with leather bags.

How's the wind and buffeting?

Again, great job on it.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
CasperVTX said:
That looks great from what we can see! I'm hoping you throw up a bunch more pictures, inside and out, when you're all done.

I was wondering about getting a fairing just for those cross country trips and I was thinking with my custom paint, the final cost would be way too high for me. But then someone mentioned the leather bra!! Awesome. I wouldn't even have to finish it if the leather covered enough. Plus I'd want to keep it pretty empty other than maybe a radio. That way it could be taken off with no fuss. Just a pipe dream right now though.

Anyway, show us some pictures with your saddlebags. I looked at some of your pics and I didn't see hard bags, so I wanted to know how it looked with leather bags.

How's the wind and buffeting?

Again, great job on it.
I will put up tons of pics when its done, with and with out bags. It is easy to take off, I will do hard bags next year to. How is this bro, my bags, sissybar, fairing can all be off the bike in under 5mins, with three allen wrenches, and one key. I got a pretty full bagger, it will be next year, hard bags and trunk, and can have a pretty stripped down cooler looking bike in that five min time, even if I travel it can all come off at the motel, and can ride her stripped down. It was what I was shooting for the last two years, and is finally comming together. It got the 5" shield on mine there is some buffeting. I can still do the Harley lowers, they just screew right on, easy, and a taller shield, but I wount, I love the shorty, and want some wind, and there is about a 70% difference without it. I got beat up pretty bad last weekend without anything on the bike, but it felt really good to ride like that anyway. I dont want two bikes, I can never make up my mind how I want my bike, so I am just making it easy to dress it up how ever I want on any given day.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Reaper said:
I will put up tons of pics when its done, with and with out bags. It is easy to take off, I will do hard bags next year to. How is this bro, my bags, sissybar, fairing can all be off the bike in under 5mins, with three allen wrenches, and one key. I got a pretty full bagger, it will be next year, hard bags and trunk, and can have a pretty stripped down cooler looking bike in that five min time, even if I travel it can all come off at the motel, and can ride her stripped down. It was what I was shooting for the last two years, and is finally comming together. It got the 5" shield on mine there is some buffeting. I can still do the Harley lowers, they just screew right on, easy, and a taller shield, but I wount, I love the shorty, and want some wind, and there is about a 70% difference without it. I got beat up pretty bad last weekend without anything on the bike, but it felt really good to ride like that anyway. I dont want two bikes, I can never make up my mind how I want my bike, so I am just making it easy to dress it up how ever I want on any given day.
I had a similar state of mind... the Nat'l Cycle Windshield and Boss Bags saddlebags are quick release. I usually strip it down and ride like that after I wash it. But I don't get out on the highway for very long and it reminds me why I want the shield for longer trips.

I'm looking around at the selection of fairings on Ebay, but I don't know if I'll pull the trigger just yet. I'm still not sure about going that route. Let's just say I'm keeping on eye on other people's work. 8)

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
CasperVTX said:
Reaper said:
I had a similar state of mind... the Nat'l Cycle Windshield and Boss Bags saddlebags are quick release. I usually strip it down and ride like that after I wash it. But I don't get out on the highway for very long and it reminds me why I want the shield for longer trips.

I'm looking around at the selection of fairings on Ebay, but I don't know if I'll pull the trigger just yet. I'm still not sure about going that route. Let's just say I'm keeping on eye on other people's work. 8)

I will get some pics up soon, im shooting paint again tomorro, but I dont think I will be happy with it, after we get back from the Dells I am going to start looking at some airbrush designs of reapers, and then it will get profesional paint, and a custom airbrushing, cuz I think I already decided I love it, after one ride with it.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well done painting tonight, it looks usable, best I can say at this point. I will have to get a pro job, as soon as I feel I can part with it for any amount of time. I will get it on the bike tomorrow night, and finish putting her together for the Dells ride. Im really not happy about the paint at all, but it is what it is for now. I will get pics up as soon as it is together, and I snap a few off, but that might be after the Dells.

W

·
0 Posts
Dang, that fairing is looking awesome Reaper. After seeing Riley's fairing and now yours I am starting rethink my "No Fairing/windshield" policy for my bike :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
wubaru said:
Dang, that fairing is looking awesome Reaper. After seeing Riley's fairing and now yours I am starting rethink my "No Fairing/windshield" policy for my bike :lol: :lol:

I said the same thing, and had mine on for one ride, I miss it badly, and it will be back on tonight.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEET Dan, Once you get spoiled by having all the goodies you won't want to stop riding. the tunes in it self on a ride will make all the work worth it. as always a job well done by the REAPER, something that OCC couldn't come close to.----------------------ace

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thanks guys for all your words, I never see any of it as a good job, all I ever see is things that are not right, I just cant stop.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Travelin' Man said:
[quote="Smoken'JOE":32n7pgty]Looks good Bro.
YOU DONE GOOD :!:
+2 :D

In fact, IMHO it looks better than my Hoppe..........damn, now you got me thinking again, and when I do that it usually costs me money........ :roll:[/quote:32n7pgty]

Thank you bro, that was really a nice comment, I think your fibbing a bit, LOL fibbing. The Hoppe really looks like it was made for the bike, I think mine looks a bit like an add on. I got to do a few things to it to make me happy, but that will be in the winter, I am done working on the bike, I just cant even think about it anymore, this mod took it all out of me for a bit. I did this fairing to beabile to put the stuff I wanted on it, and I thought it would be easier with the Harley fairing, also did it cuz I couldnt spend the cash on the Hoppe, but also, I really did want it quick detach, and that was easy with this faring. One thing I missed was when I take it off, the radio losses all the settings, clock, custom set Bass, treble, and mids, so I do got a small 12v battery back up ordered, so when I take it off it will hold them till I plug it in to the 12volt power supply in the garage were it will sit when not on the bike, LOL yep I went to far. Over the winter I will do hard bags, and a trunk. Bro your bike is one of the sweetest baggers I have seen, I dont know if I would change anything, it was your bike, and Joe getting his fairing that really kicked me into doing this. You did an awesome job on your bike.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Intruder Rider said:
Definetly going to have to ride next to you for tunes
I got plenty of tunes with me. I think im going to have to take the frigging t-bag. My saddle bags are really full, and it tells me I do need bigger bags next year. I got to get the kids to school, and I will be hanging around the garage about 9:00 finishing up the last of things before leaving, if you want to stop over any time after 9:00 bro I will be here and ready to hit the Dells.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Fairing review after the weekend of riding with it. I dont know how you guys ride with a fairing all the time. I dint like it at all. cant see the road close to me very well, made me feel unsafe, at 100mph the bars shake, wint trys to stand the bike up right in turns. My fairing is already off the bike, its on the bench, and I dont really see it going back on, yep alot of time spent there, It was still worht trying, dont got to much in it, if I sell it, I would have to pay the store for all the stuff, or return it, and I dont got a shield, but I dont really care right now, the bike looks way better with out it, and I think I will go back to a small shield again, I like the music, and loved how it felt behind it for protection, but my arms are dead from fight the wind with it, my old little shield never gave me problems like that. I was looking for a good excuse to get a nice rifle solo shield, now I got it. The wife will not kill me for this, she is way used to it, and wasnt shocked, LOL.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts