Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a topic a couple weeks ago about the leather and plastic bending up. They weren't looking so good then.

Well today i went to go polish them and opened the left side to get a towel out. Then the thread ripped across the top of left side cover and it came off. :( So i had to take both sides off and now my N looks awful with no junk in the trunk filling up the rear end. In my opinion the N only looks good with saddlebags. I guess they lasted for 3+ years so its ok.

I'm gonna be carrying a bookbag with the stuff I have to carry for a while.

·
Registered
820 Posts
My plastic was bending down,so I took some snips and cut the plastic out,I thought the cover might not be stable at speed,but there have been no problems with it.That sucks it tore the threads.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did notice when i rode on the interstate it is a little faster at speed without the wind resistance and the 10~15 lbs of fat lost. 8)

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
Ilovemyvtx said:
I posted a topic a couple weeks ago about the leather and plastic bending up. They weren't looking so good then.

Well today i went to go polish them and opened the left side to get a towel out. Then the thread ripped across the top of left side cover and it came off. :( So i had to take both sides off and now my N looks awful with no junk in the trunk filling up the rear end. In my opinion the N only looks good with saddlebags. I guess they lasted for 3+ years so its ok.

I'm gonna be carrying a bookbag with the stuff I have to carry for a while.
Need a little more info...Can you show me a picture of the saddlebags? Hubby had about the same problem with his saddlebags. He took them to the place they are made (around Bowling Green KY, Auburn Leather) They fixed his! Maybe they can help (if yours are made there too).

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Yeah don't junk them. You can get them fixed. Take the bags to a leather shop and have them restitch the one bag. Take out the plastic and get some lexan or something to replace it. There is still hope for those bags.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have had mine for about 4 years. The plastic curled up, I cut all of it out. Now the leather has shrunk and I can no longer snap them closed. I think they are junk for the price you pay for them. However, they serve their purpose and don't look too bad. Just the aggravation..... :x :x

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might consider having them fixed. But they have wear and tear of 3 years usage. Like- the snaps are broken and its scratched where it fell to the right off the kickstand and a little sun faded which i know some polish and oils would take care of. I might just replace them with some new better looking ones. I might call around to see what i can do with these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts