Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are iron butt run is all worked out .
this run will take place the week of sept 19th as long as the weather holds out .
are plans are to start at 3:00 a/m from jacksonville alabama and run I 20 to haughton louisiana just east of shreveport exit 33 for 513 miles and return back to jacksonville alabama for 1026 miles or 19 hr 35 min .this run will have 7 fuel & food stops and one 30 min rest stop .
wish us good luck and safe riding ...............jduck

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it feels good to have done it but ! i don't think i will do it again any time soon .
for the most parts it went well i started planing this over a year ago .
i had the two weeks pick out that i would make a run at it .
week #1 sept 19th and week #2 oct 17th rain date .
the route i pick out was I 20 from jacksonville al to shreveport la 500 + miles and back a route i know well . i also check with AL , MS LA ,DOT for road work
i had all my fuel stop worked out to ever 125 to 150 miles and had them down to and E T A .
i used my G P S to keep up with speed / miles / time / . my avg speed was 56.6 and used a debt card to track the trip .i used my cell phone for music / weather and to stay in touch and it was nice to talk to someone when you get board . food and water all came from home i think this help out a lot with time .as for the weather from sun up till sun down it was fine at night it got cool but i had all my leather and rain gear with me . as for my ride and 06 V T X 1300r did great .
so if you have not done a SS1000 yet give it a try ............jduck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts