Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flew into Rapid City last week and rented a bike (couldn't find a Honda so I settled on a Harley :lol: ). The trip was awesome and for those that have not made it there yet, I highly recommend it. I've attached some picture since they tell the story far better than my words are able. 8)

[/img]

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just downloaded our pictures from our trip there last week. Looks like we used the same camara. Isn't that beautiful country? Did you stop at Senic on the way through the Badlands? We stayed at the Quality Inn in Rapid and did day rides out of there Friday thru Wednesday. What a hoot.

Chet

·
Registered
828 Posts
I was standing at that same spot at Pactola reservoir just yesterday (the second photo). Watched the boats and resident chipmunks for a while.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My wife loves Donkey's....we were in St. john USVI and they were wild there...I bet I could show her those photos and we could plan a trip soon! Where was that taken?

·
Registered
828 Posts
big-x! said:
My wife loves Donkey's....we were in St. john USVI and they were wild there...I bet I could show her those photos and we could plan a trip soon! Where was that taken?
Custer State Park, I believe.

The Donkeys there hang out on the road and 'shakedown' the tourists for whatever they can get...money, cameras, cigarettes, etc.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
My guess is it was taken on 16A

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
The comment about using the same camera is pretty apt, I think I reconized everyone of those shots, Thanks for sharing, I'll be revisiting the area in a couple of weeks on the SSIII trip,,,,

·
Registered
795 Posts
Black Hills

Each and everyone here is important so if your coming here for the Rally PLEASE ride carefully. Make no mistake some folks will not be leaving here alive... if this seems rude GOOD maybe then you will ride safer then usual....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Man that looks downright awsome!! Great pics andthanks for sharing.

·
Registered
886 Posts
XKnight said:
I flew into Rapid City last week and ... I've attached some picture since they tell the story far better than my words are able. 8)
I got on my Harley

And headed for the lake

Then I rushed...

...like crazy

into the Devils path

I fell into

Needles

Where some a$$

buffaloed me into

the badlands

plateau

and I got Deadwood.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rphdiesel said:
I just downloaded our pictures from our trip there last week. Looks like we used the same camara. Isn't that beautiful country? Did you stop at Senic on the way through the Badlands? We stayed at the Quality Inn in Rapid and did day rides out of there Friday thru Wednesday. What a hoot.

Chet
Yup, I stopped in Scenic for a Coke and then headed down to Wounded Knee.

It was an awesome trip and I plan on going back. I might even retire up there. I could easily see myself living in Spearfish.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Art Vandalay said:
[quote="big-x!":2li99njw]My wife loves Donkey's....we were in St. john USVI and they were wild there...I bet I could show her those photos and we could plan a trip soon! Where was that taken?
Custer State Park, I believe.

The Donkeys there hang out on the road and 'shakedown' the tourists for whatever they can get...money, cameras, cigarettes, etc.[/quote:2li99njw]

You are correct, Sir! :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Man that is just Awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics. Some day I hope to get out that way!

·
Registered
886 Posts
XKnight said:
:lol: RedVTXRider summed up my journey very well. :lol:
Thanks, I glad you have a sense of humor....I was hoping. :D

Thanks also for posting the pics, they are beautiful and are a fitting display of that part of the country.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Lakota said:
Man that is just Awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics. Some day I hope to get out that way!
LOL get a planning for a SSIV,,,The Sturgis dates for next year are Aug 4th through Aug 10th, so I imagine the SSIV will be the week before that,,

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
XKnight wrote:
The trip was awesome
I agree with you XKnight, that's why I'm headed back again. Tell us, did you stop in at Wall drug on your way out to the Badlands?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Hardway said:
XKnight wrote:
The trip was awesome
I agree with you XKnight, that's why I'm headed back again. Tell us, did you stop in at Wall drug on your way out to the Badlands?
You mean where they sell cowboy boots,,, or have coffee for a nickle,,, or free ice water at wall drug,,,,,or any of the thousand other things you see on their signs<<<<< :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts