Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ww lights need brackets from hardware store, 20amp lighted rocker switch, 2 in line fuses(one for lighted switch,other for lights) relay if desired,shrink wrap from northern supply,(comes in 8' role). 2 1/2" bolts and 2 self locking nut(for brackets on lights, the ones that come with it are to long and will scratch blinker light bar). Orielly auto has a relay kit that comes with needed wire and fuse. Remove tank, fit hardware store bracket to light bar. run heat shrink over wires going to lights. run far enough (2') so ground wire goes to smog bolt under tank. other wire goes to power. I drilled hole in left side cover for rocker switch. Look for round barrel on switch not rectangle. My lights do not come on until i turn on. see pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the help Geno, I think I figured a way to run the lights with my hi/lo beam switch. That way I can run with lo beam only. The pics are a great help. Thanks again for the response.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
use relay

Thanks for the help Geno, I think I figured a way to run the lights with my hi/lo beam switch. That way I can run with lo beam only. The pics are a great help. Thanks again for the response.
better use relay glad my little bit helped

1 - 3 of 3 Posts