Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this about a month ago, 300 miles so far and got that &^%$# grin that I can't get off! 8)

Totally stock, or at least the way I purchased it from the original owner...with 2000miles :wink:

'02 VTX1800R/S Candy Red

With a little help from a bud at work, desmog this weekend. Install some risers too hopefully. :oops:

Life is goooood!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and you're right, it's been pretty comfortable so far. Most everyone here has some aftermarket seat, and swear that the stock seats are junk, but for some reason, it seems to fit me...at least so far. When I put in 4 or 5 hours straight, then we'll see. 8)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Red

Hands down, the fastest color. :)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Great looking bike there. Spokes look so nice!!! Better stock up on some more toothbrushes though.

Those bugs really can get stuck in your teeth from that big ol grin!

Gary

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Can you believe someone would sell that with only 2000 miles on it?

Great catch Bo

·
Registered
983 Posts
Bo Bo said:
Thanks, and you're right, it's been pretty comfortable so far. Most everyone here has some aftermarket seat, and swear that the stock seats are junk, but for some reason, it seems to fit me...at least so far. When I put in 4 or 5 hours straight, then we'll see. 8)
I liked the stock seats fine....daughter made me buy an Ultimate. It does get me closer to the pavement at stoplights which is good. Come to Colorado in July and test your ground clearence. Cya, Lep

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I didn't have a problem with the stock seat itself - it was very comfortable. The problem I had is that I wanted a rider and a passenger backrest, and a better seat for my wife. The stock passenger seat isn't all that great.

By the way, nice bike choice:

If you're ever down this way, look me up.

Eddie

·
Registered
653 Posts
Bo Bo, Nice bike. Someone spent some good money wisely on added goodies.
I like my stock seat. The longest one trip I've made was 870 miles, Palm Beach to New Orleans. No problem with the seat, I was looking for someplace else to put my feet occasionally though. The "C" has footpegs. Floorboards would have been nice.
One thing that really was a noticeble and pleasant change was a switch to Kurykin grips. Oh yeah, a Vista Cruise control is so nice on long trips. But don't put it on until you put the grips on first.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice Ride Bo Bo... Real Clean!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. After I got a jack, I cleaned those spoke wheels...boy what a hassle. Have to use a combination of fingers and toothbrush. I do think that the spokes look better on the Retro, but maybe it's just me. :roll:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eddiecohen said:
I didn't have a problem with the stock seat itself - it was very comfortable. The problem I had is that I wanted a rider and a passenger backrest, and a better seat for my wife. The stock passenger seat isn't all that great.

By the way, nice bike choice:

If you're ever down this way, look me up.

Eddie
OK Eddie, I'll just have to make up a reason (for the wife) to get down there. :wink:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Sheesh,

You've had it an entire month andf have only ridden 300 miles :roll:

Congrats :D :D :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts