Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New to the post. I just purchased a 2003 1800S for Around $10,500 from a local Florida dealer. I was wondering if you think I paid too much. Bikes seem to go for more here I guess it's the weather thing. Anyway I added a Switchblade Windshield, Light Bar, Mustang tour seat with backrest, Honda sissy bar, Saddlebags and Roadhouse 2-in-1 pipes with the shark tail. My final price was around $13,500 out the door. Seems like alot for an 03 but I don't plan on selling it.

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Welcome to the board!
Bookmark this website, http://tech.vtxoa.com This is the sister site to this message board and contains all your How-to/Tips/Tricks/Why’s and links to other helpful sites for your new VTX.
There is also a helpful red Search icon at the top of every page(not the Google search). Enter your item to be searched in the "Search Query" section and click the "Search for all terms" bullet under the query. Then go to the "Search Options" section and choose a board from the "Forum" drop down menu. This will limit the results to your search so you won't get pages of "Fluff" .

The pupose of the "Search" is to offer a member the opportunity to research his/her question better. There is so much information from past threads that you may never see because that member is no longer here, or doesn't see your new post, or just won't respond to the same question. So use it to your advantage and enjoy the board! View this funny and informative film about posting and searching…
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf

Also, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum. At the top of every board there are threads that are tagged as "Sticky" These threads are "Sticky" because they contain very important/valuable information about the VTX and everyone should read them.
The thread at the top of the 1800 tech board called, "Air, Fuel, Motors..." will answer most of the performance questions...
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28918

Also, update your Profile to include what type X you have to your Signature line. I.E. 1300/1800/C/F/N/R/S.

·
Registered
915 Posts
You're smilin' ain't cha! :D You got what you want so don't worry about the deal thing.Sounds like a nice one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got that right! Been smiling all day! Took some grief from some friends about not getting a Harley but I will be smiling all the way to the bank with the 10 grand or more I saved :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, take a ride, look in the mirror and you will answer your own question.

You got a great deal on a great ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the VTX world and you will be spending some of that 10K you thought you were saving shortly!

Ride Safe, Take Care, Dan
:coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1:

·
Registered
202 Posts
There's your answer. You got something you wanted for a price you were willing and able to pay. I paid 13k for mine with $1500 in free accessories. I added another $2500 in accessories to get the way I wanted it. Was it a deal? Every time I ride it and every time someone comes up to tell me how lucky I am answers that for me.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Look long enough and you'll always find someone who got a better deal.
Doesn't like a bad price to me when you factor in all the new shiny stuff you added...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good for you Chip, congrats! Who cares about the price if your happy? Enjoy it. 8)

·
Registered
833 Posts
ChipsaVTX said:
Got that right! Been smiling all day! Took some grief from some friends about not getting a Harley but I will be smiling all the way to the bank with the 10 grand or more I saved :D
You'll be smiling more cause your harley friends ain't gonna see nothing but your tail light pulling away from them :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
What does that mean? Steal or deal. Do you mean you got ripped or or got a good deal? I would think a steal and deal are the same.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
A good X is a deal at nearly any price. Enjoy it! 8)

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
If you are happy with it - it's a deal, plain and simple. I wouldn't call it a steal because you paid about the going price for the '03. I might call it a "steal of a deal" since you are happy with your bike and the price you paid - that's all that matters.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. After my trade, I wound up paying a little over 12 and that wasn't with any add ons. You've got a good sum of money in accessories.

Next time one of your buddies gives you any trouble about riding a Honda, just challenge him to a drag race and leave him sucking exhaust fumes.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I paid $11,500 + ttl on my 02 VTX 1800C. I bought my 03 VTX 1800C during the Bonus Bucks promotion, so I got it for just over $9000 + tax. But, as far as I'm concerned, BOTH purchases were good deals, since the bike rocks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts