Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to start my 03 leftover ( I bought July 04) on Saturday after storing for a few months. I used my battery tender on and off all winter like I usually do. The bike acted like the battery was bad, when I went to start it, it cranked slowly then the selonoid was just clicking. I charged it again and got it started and shut it down. I went to start it Sunday and got nothing. I took the battery to Advanced Auto and had it tested, it was bad. I called the dealer today and got a new battery under warranty. When I came home and installed it, it cranked real slow but started. I shut it off and then it would not turn over. I called the dealer and told him I would trickle charge it all night and try again tommorrow. He said they charged it all day and should have been ok. My bike ran and started fine when I put it away a few months ago. This is baffling me. I see I am not the only one with battery problems. Any suggestions? Thanks (Just checked the battery tender and it went to storage charge already, about an hour, doesn't look good for an easy answer.)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Check the ground strap and the pos at the starter, make sure clean and tight.

Be Safe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts