Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home with a new Smith&Wesson M&P9c 2.0 in black. A while ago I had purchased an M&P Core 9mm and really enjoyed shooting it in local competitions and for fun. The things I most enjoyed about it were the many sizes of back straps to change the grip size. I have smaller hands so to be able to make the grip smaller was a huge help in tightening up my groups, plus it just felt better in my hand than my EDC Glock19. So the last few times at the range I shot my G19 at one target and my M&P at another and found that I shot better with the M&P. The grip on the M&P is also very rough for more feel. I love the trigger and it's tactile and audible reset, it's much stronger than on the G19. Now, to have some Spartan Operator sights put on it and put it in service

·
Registered
714 Posts
I came home with a new Smith&Wesson M&P9c 2.0 in black. A while ago I had purchased an M&P Core 9mm and really enjoyed shooting it in local competitions and for fun. The things I most enjoyed about it were the many sizes of back straps to change the grip size. I have smaller hands so to be able to make the grip smaller was a huge help in tightening up my groups, plus it just felt better in my hand than my EDC Glock19. So the last few times at the range I shot my G19 at one target and my M&P at another and found that I shot better with the M&P. The grip on the M&P is also very rough for more feel. I love the trigger and it's tactile and audible reset, it's much stronger than on the G19. Now, to have some Spartan Operator sights put on it and put it in service
I have a full size M&P .40. I love it, I love all the M&P full or compact. My hands are just a little big for a compact.

I went the route of .40 because I could order a 9mm conversion barrel and have the option to use both. There is a 9mm conversion for the compact as well (Storm Lake Barrels).

I also have the crimson trace laser grip. I use it because I am left eye-right arm dominant.

Enjoy your new M&P!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
<< CLIP >> I use it because I am left eye-right arm dominant.

question..? you have 2 good eyes.. and 2 good hands / arms?

I ask.. as I am blind in my left eye.. and I am left handed..

so I learned to shoot right handed... hand gun or long gun..

as for a gun.. LIKE any good tool. it MUST fit the hand WELL...
to Work as a joined unit..

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
I've got several of the M&P 2.0s myself; a 40 compact and two 9mm compacts. None of my Shields are the new 2.0 models, but if I come across the right deal, I just might add one for the improved texture.

But if you really want to treat yourself to a huge upgrade, consider putting an Apex trigger in your M&P. I haven't done it yet (partly because it's hard to justify paying 50% of what I paid for the weapon for just a new trigger), but when I have handled an upgraded S&W/Apex weapon that my brother shoots... I've got to admit, it is just superb.

And if you don't feel like spending the whole $160ish bucks, on the Shield models, just replacing the disconnector is a huge improvement, for around $40.

·
Registered
714 Posts
question..? you have 2 good eyes.. and 2 good hands / arms?

I ask.. as I am blind in my left eye.. and I am left handed..

so I learned to shoot right handed... hand gun or long gun..

as for a gun.. LIKE any good tool. it MUST fit the hand WELL...
to Work as a joined unit..
I choose not to shoot left handed. I spend my time learning to shoot with both eyes open to get around the left eye/right arm issue. Just a personal choice.

·
Senior Pirate
7,731 Posts
I choose not to shoot left handed. I spend my time learning to shoot with both eyes open to get around the left eye/right arm issue. Just a personal choice.
Both eyes open is how I learned. Better peripheral vision for threats. It takes training to do it but it should be learned by all shooters, especially for self defense purposes.

·
Senior Pirate
7,731 Posts
I've got several of the M&P 2.0s myself; a 40 compact and two 9mm compacts. None of my Shields are the new 2.0 models, but if I come across the right deal, I just might add one for the improved texture.

But if you really want to treat yourself to a huge upgrade, consider putting an Apex trigger in your M&P. I haven't done it yet (partly because it's hard to justify paying 50% of what I paid for the weapon for just a new trigger), but when I have handled an upgraded S&W/Apex weapon that my brother shoots... I've got to admit, it is just superb.

And if you don't feel like spending the whole $160ish bucks, on the Shield models, just replacing the disconnector is a huge improvement, for around $40.
:thumbup:

I didn’t add an aftermarket trigger to my Shield, but I did do a thorough polishing of all the parts, concentrating on the seer. I’m talking mirror smooth, without removing metal. Took almost 1.5 pounds off the pull and lost the “gritty” feeling many complain about.

Now, on my Mark 4, I did install a Volquartsen trigger and it’s at 2 lbs of pure target shooting pleasure. :grin2:

As soon as the flat trigger for the Sig is available, I’ll do a polish job on it as well.

Enjoy your M&P Spike. My favorites.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Both eyes open is how I learned. Better peripheral vision for threats. It takes training to do it but it should be learned by all shooters, especially for self defense purposes.

Agreed!!! Whether shooting for protection or competition, always keep both eyes open. Otherwise it "skews" the target.

Reactions: chuck_VTX F
1 - 8 of 8 Posts