Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally found something that I really like the looks of for my new undertaker fender. Only thing is, I have no idea how to do it nor do I have the tools to do it. Has anybody done this before? I'm not sure how these were done (below), it appears they are perfectly flush and clear coated over. My idea was just to french in 3 radiantz strips. Since it's fiberglass, does that make it even harder / possible?
Open to suggestions...and help

Here's the website:
http://www.bikerhiway.com/radiantz-flexible-led-light-strip-red-leds-p-310.html

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
Your going to have to (or pay someone to):

-cut the fender, making sure the cuts are even, level, and matching left to right, up and down, etc
-create a pocket to put the lights in with fiberglass on the backside of the fender
-run the wires on the inside, trying to keep them clear of the tire/wheel, and swingarm.

It's not hard, but it's labor intensive and very detail oriented. If you lack attention to detail (like I do) or have limited fiberglassing skills (like I do) you might want to look at something different. Otherwise, it's only money, and if you find a body shop or whatnot that will do it for you, I'm sure they could put a price on that kind of work.

:dontknow:

I went with two 2.25" Red LED signal housings from Lazerstar and hooked them up via Kuryakyn RTB controller, no issues yet with inspection or local LEO's.

Here's a photo of my set up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I have a feeling it's going to turn expensive... may have to go with a single radiantz strip running horizontal on the bottom of my fender. Hmmm

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Not something you can really do yourself you unless you are a professional painter/bodyworker with experience doing that setup. Give Eli Link a call, he does this stuff all the time.

http://www.kustompaintwerks.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts