Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1301 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My VTX-1300 240 Build

Purchased a 2007 VTX-1300C (*first registered in 3/08 with 778 miles on it for $7,000. I came with Cobra Speedsters w/ Slashdowns, jet kit, K&N, clutch pull relief, Kewlmetal rises, ISO grips w/ throttle boss, and SwitchBlade Windshield (removed and sold).

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The project really started to get moving this pass Saturday. I decided to roll with the Xtreme Revolutions Phat Digger. I was VERY close in getting a SUMO-X setup but so many of you guys have it (probably because it's great looking). But the reservedness of the Phat Digger won me over as with the chrome plated struts which were standard issue (option on the Sumo). I looked at A LOT of pictures on the Internet and I do believe that the Phat Digger does have a smaller fender gap with the suspension uncompressed (w/ 11" shocks) which what I was looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they do;)

At this point everything has been ordered except for a run/turn/brake module which I should be able to pick up locally.

Awaiting Shipments on:
- RC Wheels
- Vizor Turn Signals
- Side mount License plate
- Front Dunlop
- Moly Paste

I also rotated the exhaust tips 90 degrees CC and re-tapped them.

Update: Vizor Turn signals were crap, sent them back and got Kuryakyn small Silver Bullets.

Dreams come true, I call her J Lo :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cost of the build to date:

Wheels $2,080
Fender $635
Rear Tire $144
Swingarm $445
Shocks $210
License Plate Mount $40
Front Tire $120
Turn Signals $110
Run/Turn/Brake Module $70
Front Turn Signal Bracket $35
Used 1800C seat $70

Total $3,959

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Eazy (Edit)

Your bike looks sick! If I had the cash and skills you do with the tools I'd probably mock what you're doing.

Looks like she took a hard fall. Mind explaining what happened? Just curious.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Hey Eazy (Edit)

Your bike looks sick! If I had the cash and skills you do with the tools I'd probably mock what you're doing.

Looks like she took a hard fall. Mind explaining what happened? Just curious.
Yes she did take a bad fall, and so did my head. Crashed at 55mph do to bad road conditions. Front tire got hung up in a deep long rut and put the bike into a bad wobble.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes she did take a bad fall, and so did my head. Crashed at 55mph do to bad road conditions. Front tire got hung up in a deep long rut and put the bike into a bad wobble.

Half Helmet?? It's **** like this that will scare me out of ever A. Not wearing a helmet, B. Not wearing a full face helmet.

But if you had all your gear on then damn... I think if I ended up in a rut/wobble I would ditch the bike and try for a graceful slide in my leathers than wait for the bike to whip me over or suck me under.

Get well man, I hope everything mends up well. Stay safe.

1 - 20 of 1301 Posts