Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We installed the Raked triple tree on our VTX1300C today. Also put on the new Superbrace on the fork tubes. Only rode it about ten miles at less than 70MPH just to get a feel. I plan on riding it up to Leesburg this weekend and will probably have close to 1,000 miles after I get done doing all the things I want to do.

So I will make a report on how the new front end seems to work.

Here are some dimensions I just took off of the bike and also added the stock Honda dimensions.

Trail
5.9 inches stock
4.5 on my VTX`1300C

Seat height
27 inches stock
25 inches on my VTX1300C

Wheelbase
64.45 inches stock
72.5 inches on my VTX1300C (that includes the 4 inch longer rear end plus the longer front end created with the raked triple tree)

For you to compare how much further out my front end is if you measure horizontally from the back bottom edge of the fender to the radiator it is 6.5 inches. Based on the stock numbers above it should calculate that my front end is 4 inches longer than a stock VTX1300C. 72.5 minus 4 inch longer swing arm equals 68.5 and subtract the stock wheelbase of 64.45 and that equals 4.05 inches longer on the front end.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Looks good, thats the first 1300 with 6degree trees that I can tell it's different than stock! Still waiting for the Mortons

And still no softtail kit for the 1300?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wow :shock: That thing looks fast just sittin' there. B-E-A-utiful!!
Very nice job Hal. 8)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And still no softtail kit for the 1300?
If it makes you feel any better it will be on my bike first. LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Man....that thing just looks looooong and low 8)
And in the fastest color too!!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hal,
Do you think the superbrace really does anything. I mean, the front fender is so strong it is like a brace itself.
Thanks

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only had about 10 miles at 70 or less going home last night. Prior to this I thought the bike moved around a lot in the wind. Last night we still had a lot of wind and the bike was smooth as glass. I had to look up at the trees to see if the wind was really blowing and it was.

This morning when I drove it I felt like it was a totall new bike. I had it up to 85 and it hugged the ground. I had no wind and when passing a couple of semi-trucks I had very little movement in the bike.

After this weekend I will have more info as we will be driving a lot of miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts