Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( A nice big extra X on my gas tank showed up over the weekend.

We take in foster kids, usually troubled ones, and often they come to our house when they have blown out a placement elsewhere while they are looking for a new placement. Last week I had a kid who has some real anger issues. Apparently he decided he would get even.

Painter says he can clean it up for a couple of hundred bucks, but dagnabbit.

Eh, it's just stuff.

Last year I had a kid destroy a set of french doors. $800 bucks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
you have a bigger heart than most...I would have lost my mind...and the kid would have lost his ability to sit for months :oops:

good luck and don't worry...the reward for helping these kids is bigger than the X

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
you must be a saint if he's still around, :shock: I hear there's a Pope positon open. :lol:

Be Safe

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
RoadCapt said:
you must be a saint if he's still around, :shock: I hear there's a Pope position open. :lol:
GOOD one!

But yeah, I have a little scratch on my tank that is barely noticeable; and when it happened I let THAT bother me. I have to learn from people like you MtnBiker!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Some things in life you just have to let go. If you let every little thing bother you, you'll go crazy. I see troubled kids every day who's parent(s) are on drugs or they've been mistreated. They had no real guidance in their lives and don't know the difference between right and wrong or what it's like to have someone truly care about them. I've spent time with some of these kids. There are so many of them. My hats off to you MtnBiker.

·
Registered
757 Posts
It's time to take him for a ride.

I've got a tow strap you can use.

·
Registered
264 Posts
lol, I was actually going to suggest that you let him touch my pipes...

they have already burned two pair of jeans, and a pair of khaki slacks...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When they destroy stuff, we let them repay the world by working the damage off at $2 an hour hard labor. I have the little bugger for the summer. So much for me having to cut the grass this year. 8)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
we let them repay the world by working the damage off at $2 an hour hard labor.

Thats a great solution. I think my spoke wheels would ALWAYS be clean. :lol:

Nate

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My X got keyed the other day in OKC.
Wasn't the scoot but the other X, the Xb (as in Scion)
Nice big pattern on the drivers side rear door on my Black Cherry Pearl. really ticks me off as I have had it for like two months. Drove the Tiburon for like 5 years without a nick, and in two months go hit by a BIG bird and keyed.
Life is not fair sometimes!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts