Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who manufactures the chrome accents on the tips of the front and rear fender and the three little chrome slits on each fender on this bike?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Thanx for that info. I too have been eyeing the 3 strip thingy's on here and wondered who made them. May need the fender tips too as my rear has some small chips at the tip.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
You can save yourself a lot of money and make the chrome inserts for the fenders yourself. I used chrome tape. Cut out a template, Use the template to cut out the strips, clean the fender well with rubbing alcohol and stick on. Been on for 5-6 years and still look great.

·
Senior Pirate
7,731 Posts
You can save yourself a lot of money and make the chrome inserts for the fenders yourself. I used chrome tape. Cut out a template, Use the template to cut out the strips, clean the fender well with rubbing alcohol and stick on. Been on for 5-6 years and still look great.
:agree:

Chrome peel and stick trim works well and costs much less. BTW, the bike in the pic looks pretty goofy with the passenger backrest and no pass. seat.:joke:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thanx for that info. I too have been eyeing the 3 strip thingy's on here and wondered who made them. May need the fender tips too as my rear has some small chips at the tip.
Not long ago I installed the Kury chrome fender louver inserts (front and rear fenders). Previously, I had stickers from someone who made them. They were OK, but up close they looked cheesy and I wanted something 3-D and the Kurys fit the bill, even though the bill was a bit $teep. They look terrific. If you go with these, dry fit them to check for fit: they come pre-bent to match the fender curve, but I found I needed to bend some of them ever so slightly to match the fender curve perfectly. After that, sticking them on was no problem.

$0.02,

·
Registered
260 Posts
The accessories page on Honda's web site generally has the "bling" listed. You may have to try different years, though the parts are the same number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts