Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body using a NC Switchbalde windshield with lowers or more specifically these?
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =346383412

I am looking possibly for lowers when it is colder and for HWY riding and I am trying to figure out the best fit for my existing setup. There are very little reviews on these and the only review from a Retro owner claims they wont work. Any suggestions or comments????? And will a Engine Guard eliminate any possibility of thie setup? (but engine guards are shown in the picture below which I still don't trust, I would rather have someone who actually tried themselves comment here)

Most searches only refer to the Memphis Shades lowers and I am not sure if those will work either.
Thanks for the input.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey...I'm the Retro owner who said they won't work. If you have a R/S you need NC part #N76604, the part number that HDL says will fit the "all VTX" is part # N76601. I bought them and tried to mount them. I talked to NC and the guy said that they are making N76604 lowers for the 1300 R/S, but they were not even close to production. He said early '05. Call them, they were very helpful. I went with a different lower. I forget which one...Custom Chrome, I think.

Here ya go...check this thread http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... ome+lowers

I'm guessing you have a R/S. If you have a C.........I have no Idea.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Coley

Coley,
Thanks for the link as I have been searching and couldn't find anything.
Yes, I have a Retro and hence the reference to your opinion and thanks for putting that out there otherwise I wouldn't have thought twice about it and been in the same situation that you were in.

I might call NC and see where they are at but I do like the looks of those that were referenced. Here is the link in case anyone else is looking
http://www.accessoryinternational.com/M ... DEFLECTORS

Is this the same setup you are running also? What is your opinion, is the difference noticable? The nice thing about the one you mentioned is they don't look too bulky and I wouldn't have to pull them off with the windshield.

I love the switchblade and would rather deal with a little buffeting than get rid of it.

I appreciate your help. I wonder if anyone has tried the Memphis Shades with this windshield?

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, That's what I have. The only thing I don't like is, I have the Hondaline lightbar and the cutouts for the turn signals are not by the turn signals anymore, so it looks a little strange. To be honest...I put them on at the end of the riding season last year, so I only went on maybe 3-4 rides with the lowers. I think they help with the Switchblade buffeting, but it doesn't get rid of it completly. I also have a "windshield bag" which I think also helps.

This picture is not very good, but it's the only one I have of the front. If you look hard you can see what I mean about the signal cutouts. They are now right below and behind the spots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts