Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my backordered chrome lowers to go with my switchblade 2UP shield, and the studs for the mounting hardware on the forks is too short to allow mounting of the lowers. I read some reviews after I had ordered all of the NC stuff, (shield, lowers, and light bar) and saw that others have had this problem, but some didn't. Should I have gotten the heavy duty windshield instead of the switchblade, or should what I have work together? I wish I had just gone with the Memphis fats shield and kept my Cobra lightbar and bagged the lowers. :evil:

·
Registered
868 Posts
The lowers should have come with new spiders that have longer studs to make up for the added thickness.

·
Registered
417 Posts
n8tz said:
The lowers should have come with new spiders that have longer studs to make up for the added thickness.
That is correct, you can't just "add" the lowers, you have to change the spiders, to get the longer bolts. If they did not come with the lowers, call National Cycle, and they'll send you a set. They sent mine free of charge.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent an email to NC asking them what I need to do, so I will see what they have to say. The instructions said I would reuse all my existing hardware, that is what threw me. Thanks for the replys, I will order the longer spiders. :oops:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, imagine this. After closer inspection to the instructions, the lowers I got are for a 1600 Kawasaki Vulcan. Parts guy needs glasses.... :evil: Maybe the right part number comes with the longer spiders? What a pain........ :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.