Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ...need a favour,would appreciate it if someone could sell me one from the States..
Man this country sucks...........

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks like Don had a good idea but (correct me if I am wrong) Sears shipping policy says they don't ship to Canada.

What is it exactly you need the wrench set, a 4mm or ????? Let me know and PM me your info I will pick it up this weekend and get it in the mail Monday.
Clif

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Duc said:
Looks like Don had a good idea but (correct me if I am wrong) Sears shipping policy says they don't ship to Canada.

What is it exactly you need the wrench set, a 4mm or ????? Let me know and PM me your info I will pick it up this weekend and get it in the mail Monday.
Clif
OMG ...I didnt even see his origional post about Sears. Sorry for the confusion. My head is in the clouds today with the whole P4 thing :twisted:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: need 4mm.wrench..Sears won't sell them in this #@^#@ COU

dufus said:
hey guys ...need a favour,would appreciate it if someone could sell me one from the States..
Man this country sucks...........
They Had a couple of packages remaining in Newmarket. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Honda sells the tapett wrench.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responces and offers guys, after lots of shopping I finally found a 4mm.wrench.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I made one. Easy to do. I used a piece of 11 guage steel (approx 1/8" thick) 3/8" wide and 6" long. I used a dremel tool to make a 4mm wide slot in one end of the steel bar, I cut the other end at a 45 deg angle and slotted it so that the slot is at 45 deg from the other end. You can bend the bar to make the best fit for adusting the valves. works great.
P.S. I have a 4mm craftsman wrench, the homemade tool works better.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Bareass172 said:
The Sears set no longer comes with the 4mm wrench, I know because I bought one. :wink:
I'm pretty sure my sears still has about 3-4 packages of the set with a 4mm in them. I saw them last week when I went to get some flare nut wrenches for my front brake line. 8)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just bought a set yesterday. The 8 piece ignition wrench set does not have the 4mm in it, if I remember right. Had to buy the midget set of 10.
I was in the middle of a valve adjust yesterday and saw I didn't have a 4mm. I had bought the ignition wrenches, sometime back, but they don't go that small. Had to get a 10 piece midget set like the ones someone else posted a link to.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am in Vancouver BC and bought my 10 piece set at one of the Sears stores here - got 'em on sale , half price even !!
...VTX-Al

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
RobDogg said:
Bareass172 said:
The Sears set no longer comes with the 4mm wrench, I know because I bought one. :wink:
I'm pretty sure my sears still has about 3-4 packages of the set with a 4mm in them. I saw them last week when I went to get some flare nut wrenches for my front brake line. 8)
I'm going to kick my Sears' butt then... :lol: :lol: :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate the offer for the wrench and the ticket...could you through in some cash too?
If I didn't have the job I have now I would be gone in a heart beat..anyhow not a tech subject....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you couldn't afford it. :wink: ..actualy I am trying to get something going down in Ohio with a good friend of mind,and being on the Fire Dept.(Toronto),it gives me a lot of time off to spend down there,and with us going to a 24 hr. shift I will have the best of both worlds....7 days a month up here working :D ....anyhow like I said before not a tech sublect so I will end it now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts