Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to stock turn signals or the kuryakyn mini bullets.

looking for something lo profile that is noticeable.

are there any light strips like the lizard light types that woudl make great turnsignals?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Alternatives

www.customdynamics.com has a self stick flexible 40 LED light strip (around 6 inches long) amber in color and is very bright. I used two per side, 1 for running and the second for turn signals, installed right under the lower triple tree on the fork tubes. They have been on for over two years and no problems yet. Custom Dynamics has many other styles of lights and they give a discount for VTXOA members. 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
BrettsX said:
to stock turn signals or the kuryakyn mini bullets.

looking for something lo profile that is noticeable.

are there any light strips like the lizard light types that woudl make great turnsignals?
go led there great

·
Registered
292 Posts
custom dynamics also has a direct bolt on wrap aroud led for the c, that is very bright and the kool factor is way up there i get tons of compliments on mine. nice thing about it is u can see the signal from the side too.
hope this helps

bigwilly

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Alternatives

Sideways said:
www.customdynamics.com has a self stick flexible 40 LED light strip (around 6 inches long) amber in color and is very bright. I used two per side, 1 for running and the second for turn signals, installed right under the lower triple tree on the fork tubes. They have been on for over two years and no problems yet. Custom Dynamics has many other styles of lights and they give a discount for VTXOA members. 8)

THAT IS WAY COOL! I LIKEEE I LIKEEEE!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
would you still happen to have the part number? AND will they pass inspection? I know LEDs are nto DOT approved and from what I understand (stupid PA laws) that it has to be OEM or an equivalent placed 14" apart.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Most LED replacement lights are not DOT approved. They are listed as for off road use only, and the flex wrapped lights won't be 14" apart if mounted on the fork tubes. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts