Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll be staying at the Galleon Resort in Key West from Saturday July 21st through Saturday July 28th, and they won’t let me park my motorcycle trailer there. Does anyone know of a place I can park it cheaply for a week while I’m there?

Eddie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,341 Posts
Don't know it it will help you out, but your more than welcome to leave it in my yard if you wanna ride the balance. We just got back from a ride to the Keys, it's about a 5.5 hour haul from here in Jupiter to Key West.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slick X'er said:
Don't know it it will help you out, but your more than welcome to leave it in my yard if you wanna ride the balance. We just got back from a ride to the Keys, it's about a 5.5 hour haul from here in Jupiter to Key West.
Thanks, I really appreciate it, but I'll be hauling everything except the kitchen sink in my SUV, and picking up two more people and another motorcycle in Miami Beach, so it wouldn't help me.

We considered leaving the SUV and trailer in Miami Beach, and riding to Key West on both bikes, but wouldn't be able to haul all the stuff my wife carries in her survival kit.

:-D

Eddie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Eddie,
Try asking one of the several campsites there, maybe they'll let you park it there for a minimal fee. One I've been to several times is Boyd's RV park. The folks are pretty nice there and may let you park it at a non rv spot. Here's their information 6401 Maloney Ave, Key West, FL
(305) 294-1465.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I emailed the 1st Officer of the Key West SCRC chapter. I'll let you know when I get a response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TomCat101 said:
I emailed the 1st Officer of the Key West SCRC chapter. I'll let you know when I get a response.
Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Eddie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
eddiecohen said:
TomCat101 said:
I emailed the 1st Officer of the Key West SCRC chapter. I'll let you know when I get a response.
Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Eddie
He asked me to give him the weekend to think of some Ideas. I'll let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Hey Eddie,

Maybe we'll see ya down there. We're going to be at Southernmost at the Beach from 7/24 thru 7/28 at Key West. I'm riding down from Tennessee stopping at Daytona from 7/21 thru 7/24. If you happen to see a black 1800C with a worn out rider it will be me.
Have fun on your trip and I hope the you got trailer thing worked out.

When we were looking at trailering we also were told that no trailers could be kept at the hotel. We ended up with a couple driving down in a car so they are carrying alot of our stuff for us.

Well, my wifes packing and we are leaving in 3 hrs so got to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JerryH said:
Hey Eddie,

Maybe we'll see ya down there. We're going to be at Southernmost at the Beach from 7/24 thru 7/28 at Key West. I'm riding down from Tennessee stopping at Daytona from 7/21 thru 7/24. If you happen to see a black 1800C with a worn out rider it will be me.
Have fun on your trip and I hope the you got trailer thing worked out.

When we were looking at trailering we also were told that no trailers could be kept at the hotel. We ended up with a couple driving down in a car so they are carrying alot of our stuff for us.

Well, my wifes packing and we are leaving in 3 hrs so got to go.
I'm staying in Daytona tonight, heading on down to Key West tomorrow morning.

The way things are looking now, I may just leave the bike here. The hassle of loading and unloading twice, pulling the trailer through all the traffic, and then trying to find a place to park the trailer, etc.is starting to play on my mind.

We'll be at the Galleon Resort from 07/21/07 thru 07/28/07, if you're down that way.

My cell phone number is 803 807 1785.

Eddie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Eddie,

I remember a post from Kevin Kuiper once that said he lived near Daytona and if anyone needed a place to keep a trailer he had room. I had thought about contacting him once but decided to go ahead and ride.

Hope the weather holds for us, I want beautiful weather when traveling the Keys.

Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JerryH said:
Eddie,

I remember a post from Kevin Kuiper once that said he lived near Daytona and if anyone needed a place to keep a trailer he had room. I had thought about contacting him once but decided to go ahead and ride.

Hope the weather holds for us, I want beautiful weather when traveling the Keys.

Jerry
Thanks, but I'd like to drop my trailer a little closer than 6 hours from Key West.

:-D

Eddie
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,031 Posts
Eddie, Just leave the bike behind. Once ya get to Key West it's so small a town riding around is just a PIA. When there ...go to the Half Shell Raw Bar for lunch or dinner. Another lil treat is to stop off at Sugarloaf Key ( 20 miles North of KW ) for a lil' airplane ride/tour of Key West. Have'm take ya in the Pitts. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
I agree that once you get here the bike is parked but what a ride down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We're back !!!

Didn't take the bike. This is my 10th trip to Key West, and I knew that the bike would be a waste of time once we got there, but I still had this desire to have it with me at all times. My better judgement finally got the best of me, and I left it home in the garage. We were at the end of Front Street, near A&B Lobster, at the Galleon Resort. This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this particular resort, and once we got there, I forgot all about the bike sitting "Home Alone".

:)

Anyway, we were 2 blocks from Duval Street, and 3 blocks from Mallory Square, so the Explorer never left the garage all week. We walked everywhere, except for the Trolley and Conch Train tours.

Pics to follow.

:-D

Thanks to everyone for the advice and offers.

Eddie
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top