Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,i;ve got an 03' c with a memphis shades 21'' wind sheid and still is'nt tall enough for my 6'4'' frame any body have any other options?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I assume you have it all the way up on the forks already. Have you tried tipping it forward to it is more straight up and down? I believe my Mustang seat sets me lower on the bike by I bet and inch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It is expensive but you need the Honda windshield. I have it now and it is the only shield I have ever had on any bike that eliminates all buffeting.

It is not the one pictured in my signature.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Texas X said:
It is expensive but you need the Honda windshield. I have it now and it is the only shield I have ever had on any bike that eliminates all buffeting.

It is not the one pictured in my signature.
Texas X, could you hazard a guess why it eliminates all buffeting?

Ruling the Road: I think the National Cycle Switchblade 2-up might be taller. Mine is 20.5" f/ the cutout and 27" overall

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi rulingtheroad,

I am 6' 2'' have a Mustang seat and have a Nat'l Cycle 2-up with their lowers and have minimal buffeting. If you go with this sheild, make sure the mounts don't hit the tank when the forks are turned to the max. On my 05 X, the right side is closer than the right. I will be getting the shield cut down soon 1-2" so I can just see over it.

Hope this helps,
Paul

·
Registered
95 Posts
WindShield

Hey Man, go to Rifle.com, They make a great windshield, lowers and mounting brackets, I had a Memphis Shades, but it wasn't tall enough for me so I went to Rifle they will make it as tall as you want "Custom Option" for $35.00 more.

Keep it between the lines

The Gunner

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
rhinoj said:
Anyone have any reviews on Clearview Shields?
I had a Clearview shield for a few weeks. Excellent product! I can't say enough for how well it was made. I didn't keep it only because it was too small and ended up buying a new NC Switchblade for the great mounting system and lowers. If I ever have to replace the plastic/shield only, my first choice will be Clearview.
Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts