Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I noticed quite a few others have installed the Vance and Hines cruzers exhaust, which I have done also to my 2006 VTX1300r. I notice nobody mentions rejetting there carb after installing these. My bike ran even better after I installed them, but some others kept telling me I had to rejet my carb regardless, so I had it done. The bike runs worse now with lots of popping and gurgling, which is probably too rich. Im thinking I should have left the carb alone since it ran just fine and am thinking about putting it back stock. Any input or advice regarding this is greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.

·
Registered
388 Posts
When you did the rejet, did you remove the pair valve...that may be the source of most of your popping....

http://tech.vtxoa.com/index.php?action= ... artlang=en

I added cruzers to my last bike (Vulcan 750) and my firends bike (M50) and no rejet was required. I have found that most of the time, the rejet is not required until after you mod the air box or put an intake on it.

If you did not remove the pair valve, I would do that first, then try and adjust your rejet for optimal performance. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
393 Posts
You don't need to re-jet with just new pipes. Chances are you now need to put a new intake on the bike and have the carbs tuned up. With new jets and a stock air box you're probably running rich with not enough air in the fuel mix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not do the rejet, a local shop did. Sure wish I would have read all this first! I can tell the bike is running real rich. Hell, I cant hardly get above 90mph! I think I'll just go back stock on the carb and leave it at that. Arrggghhhhhhh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts