Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little X knowledge . When starting my 1800c it's all good after running about 10-15 minutes a noise in the rear cylinder seems to come alive. It sounds like a bb in the top of the cylinder. It comes and goes and does not seem to affect the power at all. It seems to go from point to point inside and is not constant at one area. I have removed the plugs nothing was broke or missing from the tip. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I do not ride it easy all the time. I do push it. Love the X thrill. I would appreciate any help in this matter. Please don't tell me it's a motorcycle you are going to hear noises. It does it at any throttle position, and does not pick up speed in the ticking with the twist of the throttle . please help. Ralph out

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Could be a tappet sound, could be an exahast leak. Hard to tell on that motor it seems to emit sounds from within and most are nothing. :wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tappet

Can you explain. Valves were adjusted by the dealer . Would it do it all the time ,because it does not. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's in the engine

Fixed headlight rattle sometime ago. Does it at idle or riding. It is definately a engine noise. Thanks

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I had the same thing last week, and I tightend the head light bolts, and the exhaust bolts, and it went away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts