Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hey everyone need some help might be stupid just can't get a straight answer recently bought a 2003 vtx 1800c has a engine guard from what I could figure its 4 and 1/16th inches around so from what I could gather the diamater is 33 mm?? trying to order highway pegs can't seem to find any that big... am I just not doing it right or what..? Just keep getting conflicting info any help is appriciated.. thanks

·
Old Goat
25,412 Posts
largest Im aware of are 11/4”.....u know a pic might help...we just love pix.....good luck

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
1.25" x 3.14 = 3.925" circumference
1.25" Dia = 31.75 mm

·
Registered
291 Posts
I suppose a 1-1/4 inch clamp will work as well. Most of the peg clamps that I see are 1 inch or 1-1/4 inch. If a little loose, wrap some newspaper, or electrical tape or whatever around bar and reassemble, trim to be neat looking.

·
Old Goat
25,412 Posts
I hate metric shit....its down right un American.... :mad:...besides its apparent I’m not familar....good luck opie

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
2003 vtx 1800c has a engine guard from what I could figure its 4 and 1/16th inches around so from what I could gather the diamater is 33 mm??
Your picture looks like a circumference of just a bit less than 4 inches. 1.25 inch dia is correct size.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
Kuryaykn makes 3 pc. clamps that should work. Different sizes like small or large.

·
Old Goat
25,412 Posts
Kuryaykn makes 3 pc. clamps that should work. Different sizes like small or large.
Their holding my pegs on my 11/4” paladins .... (y)

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
Reactions: TennX

·
Registered
4 Posts
So hey everyone need some help might be stupid just can't get a straight answer recently bought a 2003 vtx 1800c has a engine guard from what I could figure its 4 and 1/16th inches around so from what I could gather the diamater is 33 mm?? trying to order highway pegs can't seem to find any that big... am I just not doing it right or what..? Just keep getting conflicting info any help is appriciated.. thanks
Cobra Fatties are are 1 1/2”, don’t measure around the bar, measure the diameter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thanks for all the info everybody it really was helpful.. I ordered a pair waiting on ups now... I'll take a pic and post once I get them on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cobra Fatty highway bars are 1 1/2" most others are 1 1/4"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I got my pegs in finally and I used friction tape and thread locker and I just cant get them to stay put... I mean I'm cranking them down so hard that I'm surprised they havent busted...
16000174732806347112216754207802.jpg

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
Use some soft aluminum to make a shim.

·
Old Goat
25,412 Posts
Problem might be your in the curve of the bars...try moving them up...good luck

Reactions: 07Blackcherry

·
Registered
665 Posts
Measuring anything round can be tricky. Harbor Freight sells inexpensive measuring calipers. Very handy tool, I use one at work and home, a measuring caliper gives you a true reading.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
You've got a lot of leverage on the rotation point there. If the components were steel you could lock 'em up via fastener torque. Since alum. (or whatever) you will need to knurl the part that extends through the clamp. Knurl. Done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts