Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing the kurykan breather on my bike. I have been messing with it for a little while. I am wondering if there is a special secret to getting the 2 bottom 8mm bolts tightened with the limited space? Any tricks? either bolt first? I been tightening them both a little each and trying to draw them down. It says have patience but I am now to where my wrench will not even get on the back one at all to turn any. Maybe I have to have a special 8mm wrench....Anyone help? Thx.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Danny,

I recall the secret was to not have the top bolts in at all. With the two bottom bolts in place, position the adapter as close to the head of the bolts as possible. Work both bolts a few turns at a time. The problem I believe you are encountering is you have the adapter pushed in, toward the engine such that the neck of the adapter prevents you from getting a wrench on the bolt heads.

Only after both bottom bolts are near tight, should you put the top bolts in. Then, tighten all bolts.

Hope this helps.

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
I use a Smal Ignition wrench.. Fits perfect.. Yes, yake a few seconds to get them tight..

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
Yep, a small ignition wrench is the best to get in there. Those 2 bolts are a Pain in the Ass. Whomever thought of those being the way to secure the Hyper should be dragged naked through a field of cacti

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
Yep, a small ignition wrench is the best to get in there. Those 2 bolts are a Pain in the Ass. Whomever thought of those being the way to secure the Hyper should be dragged naked through a field of cacti

And that was saying it nicely, U should hear Me when I 1st did one :shock::dontknow:

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
Craftsman makes an ingition wrench set that has an offset wrench in it. It's the only wrench that I've found that works

1 - 8 of 8 Posts