Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased these mirror's from H.D.L. and installed them according to the instructions. I'm getting a good bit of vibration, even at highway speed. and the glass seems to be tinted to dark, causing even more restricted vision. the left mirror also has visible black spider vein lines in the glass. has anyone else had these problems?? what are my alternatives to fixing these problems ?? I hope HDL didn't stick me with a bad pair. theses are the mirror's without the turn signals. thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Monty, I have the same mirrors. In my case, my right had more vibration, so I took it off then back on. They are more of a PITA than you might expect to re-install but that seemed to help a little. No matter how tight they are they will vibrate more than stock.

Unfortunately, the coating on these mirrors is prone to being rubbed off. It is a serious design flaw on otherwise good-looking mirrors. Immediately upon install, I used Advanage cleaner on the glass and caused permanent brown streaks--but only on one of them. I probably should have sent them back but didn't. Depending on how severe it is, you might not notice the lines over time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the elipses from HDL and no spider veins. Shouldn't have them and sure Hal will take those back. Mine has very little vibration. I have the convex mirrors and can see much better then stock. I took off the back plate on the mirrors and tightened them as much as I could while still being able to adjust. Used Locktite on all the connections and have performed well. I would send those back if they have spider veins and also if you really tighten them down then vibration shouldn't really be a problem. Good Luck..
JA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts