Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 1800 C. I don't want to change out the handlebars but I do need the handlebars to be closer to me as the current set-up is not as comfortable. What sort of risers can I get without having to change out any of the cables? Ideally if I can get to in that would be great. If anyone has any specific brand and or part number it would really be helpful. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
After my first 20 min./ 20 mi. ride, I knew my C with stock seat and handlebar wasn't going to be comfortable riding. Arms ached from shoulders down. After seeing 2 styles, the round stock Phat risers, and the flat or more square stock Rivco risers, I decided on the Rivco's. This was 7 years ago, so I don't know if they like many mfg.'s are still in business or not. I do know that the early C's you can order up to a 6" riser w/o changing cables or hoses. IDK if anything on later years like yours would be different or not. Good luck. BTW I'm 5'10", 33-34" sleeve.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I was in the same situation. The 1800 controls are pretty far fwd, it is sad.
I took a lot of measurements and looked at the very limited selection of expensive aftermarket risers for the C model and decided to make my own custom spacers.
They moved my handlebars 2" aft and my seating position is definitely much more relaxed.

If our cables and hydraulic lines allowed, I'd have loved to move the handlebars even further back, maybe another inch or inch and half. I will need to experiment in the future. Got plenty of aluminum stock to mill now. :)

Let us know what you end up going with.

·
Registered
16,076 Posts
Aeromach or Rivco both make nice risers for the 1800C. They.'ll both do the same thing. I think the Aeromach looked nicer and that's what I've had for 15 years now

·
Registered
983 Posts
Aeromach or Rivco both make nice risers for the 1800C. They.'ll both do the same thing. I think the Aeromach looked nicer and that's what I've had for 15 years now
+1 I have had the Aeromach's for several years now...

Reactions: rangers4u
1 - 6 of 6 Posts