Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a set of cobra speedsters on pair valve blocked off dynojet kit. 195 main needle on 3rd clip 2 1/2 turns on A/F. Bike idles fine runs great when on the gas hard. Problem at cruising speed 60-70 mph it just feels really slugish . Throttle response at these speeds was much better when stock. Any ideals?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coley I still have stock air box and filter.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm no expert on carbs, but the stock filter doesn't let the X breath like it should. I think you need more air.

I've had 3 setups on my bike so far.

1. Cobra slipons with the Dynojet kit with your same settings. I felt it was running a little rich.

2. Added a K&N filter....ran great.

3. Long Speedsters with 195 jet, 4th clip, 2.5 turns with the UltraFlow airbox. Now I know I'm on the 4th clip, but the UltraFlow lets in much more air than the stock filter and box. Runs great.

Like I said...I'm no expert, but I think if you add a K&N filter to your stock box it would improve your performance with those carb settings.

I'

·
Registered
264 Posts
dirtbikedad,

Try the 4th notch on the needle, I had the same problem with mine, the 4th clip fixed both my low end and upper end hesitation. Let us know what you end up with.

L

·
0 Posts
Dirtbike dad,

Just did the same thing to my wifes bike (1300S). You need to adjust the car. Turns the pilot screw out 2 1/2 turns is only the starting point. Get the manual and set it using the RPM drop method. Essentially you warm up the motor, attach a tach, adjust pilot screw until you get max rpm, turn screw in until rpm drops 50rpm's, turn screw out 3/4 turn from this position to the final adjustment. Right now I think you are running lean.

Lonewolf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts