·
Registered
700 Posts
progressive fork springs.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Best Low-Buck Mod

I think that the best low-buck mod that I have done to my X would be changing the stock fork springs to Progressive Suspension aftermarket springs.

Desmog costs even less, just the cost of the block-off plates.

Four-way flashers are also inexpensive, but how often does one use them.

The Kuryakyn Run-Brake-Turn Controller and red lights in place of my rear turn signals added a whole lot more light (visibility) to the rear end of my bike.

The light bar and Sylvania SilverStar bulbs made a BIG difference in how well I can see at night and also how well I am seen at night, but it is not a cheap mod.

JMHO YMMV

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
IMO the best thing (free) is to adjust all the controls so they fit you. I can't believe how many people just ride it like it was when they picked it up?? Adjust the bars to where they work for you. Then the clutch and brake levers. Followed by the shifter and brake pedal.

The best mod was adding 20cc of fork oil to each fork leg. Cost nothing (had it in the garage left over from dirtbike). It got rid of the clunk and reduced bottoming. Not as good as new springs, but for free it was hard to beat.

P.S. I wouldn't go over 20cc .

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Best thing was changing my handlebars. The bike controls so nicely now.

2nd best = Coyote Gas Cap hinge

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
More of an accessory than a mod ...

The little "kissy" bag next to the saddle ...

Use if for everything ...

goggles/glasses ...
"medication" and eye drops ..
garage door opener ...
.25 cal.
crack pipe
(just kidding but you get the idea :lol: :lol: :lol: )
phone ...
roll of quarters for tolls ...

copy of registration and insurance ...

I use it for SOMETHING every time I ride and it is a 3 second detach if I need "security" ...

... all this for less than $20 ...

... very cheapest "performance" mod ...

removing the fi 2000 ...

I LUV de-cel pop ...

... and tank trim ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I think your question is too broad...it's a matter of peception and mod practicality (does it do something or just look pretty)

But if you are talking under $100...lots of choices. X-hinge and RBT lights for practicality...chrome covers for all others.

Bull

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
A dollar two niney eight digital clock from autozone. :lol:

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Hands down and without a doubt!

The riders choice seat mod from BADX!

$60 including shipping both ways.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Tank Trim no doubt!

The bike looks better and is much faster now due to the aerodynamic effects of the trim.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Free mod was opening up the air filter housing.
Best low cost mod was putting on a used Cruise 'n Comfort back rest. Long gone now but it sold me on the back rest for all future bikes.

G

·
Another vote for the BadX seat mod! I just wish I had tried it before I bought an Ultimate seat, but I have it now and that's what's important. Try it...you'll like it. 8)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Opee mod-->Less than $7.00
Aeromach risers-->more than $7.00
Memphis lowers-->in between

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Eazy-E said:
The X-Hinge
Yep. I have the fork springs, but haven't put them in yet. After I do, I am sure it will be the best mod on there. I put them in my wifes SS750 and the bike is fantastic now! WOW what a difference.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.