Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my rear tire 205-60-16 and also the final. Will the u-joint pull out from the tube so i can check it over cuz I believe it is loose. And theres supposed to be a snap ring and spring at the final end? cannot afford to have it done so will wrench myself.. any info would surely be appreciated.. 02 X C Model 1800

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
see if this helps...

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207367

How to Remove Final Drive hub (Coyote)

To remove the HUB
1. Pick up the bike with a lift
2. Loosen the bolt in front on the swing-arm that holds the brake bracket in.
3. Take out the axel by removing the nut on the brake side...tap it out...and all the way.
4. Pull the rear-brake off the disk and lay it on your pipes (no need to remove the fitting or compromise the brake system..just lay a rag on your pipe and drape it over).
5. Slide the wheel the the right (pipe side)...it will come off the spline
6. Raise the bike high and roll the tire out.
7. Take off the shock and use a piece of tape to keep it high and out of your way (tape it to the fender)
8. Take off the 4 bolts that hold the hub on.
9. Slide the hub right off. The drive line comes out with the hub...it's okay...and easy to re-install

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Will the u-joint pull out from the tube so i can check it over........
No, you will have to remove the swingarm to get it off.

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
Looking to replace my rear tire 205-60-16 and also the final. Will the u-joint pull out from the tube so i can check it over cuz I believe it is loose. And theres supposed to be a snap ring and spring at the final end? cannot afford to have it done so will wrench myself.. any info would surely be appreciated.. 02 X C Model 1800

Update your profile with your city and state... That way others that may live by U may be able to help.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Best advise

Update your profile with your city and state... That way others that may live by U may be able to help.
There is quite a brother hood here with a lot of cool people will to share info and a hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts