Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most know I put a 240 setup on my 1300c with a "victory" style fender. I've spend alot of time and $ on clearing off the rear fender. I need some ideas as to where to mount my plate. Side mounts are ok... but I also have to be able to use my bags when I go on longer rides and shopping :-? . I have thought of putting on the backrest but I have a t-bag and a tendancy to strap things to it.
If I go side mount how low can I go without scrapping in turns. Flush mounting in fender doesn't work not enough fender :grin:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
As most know I put a 240 setup on my 1300c with a "victory" style fender. I've spend alot of time and $ on clearing off the rear fender. I need some ideas as to where to mount my plate. Side mounts are ok... but I also have to be able to use my bags when I go on longer rides and shopping :-? . I have thought of putting on the backrest but I have a t-bag and a tendancy to strap things to it.
If I go side mount how low can I go without scrapping in turns. Flush mounting in fender doesn't work not enough fender :grin:
do your bags hang below the bottom shock mount bolt and can you use a vertical plate in your state. i make a horizontal bracket and a vertical bracket that hangs below the shock bolt

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Pony :thumbup: I think I got it worked out. Had a good day no one home, just me and the bike. Relocated my factory horn, mounted driving lights. And fabbed up a plate braket that should work, the skull turn signals I have hold the bags out so this should work.

It tucks in enough that the bag doesn't sit on it or block it. Just clean up and polish

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
looks cool bro. only concerns i have with the design is that....

1) the support bracket that actually holds the plate mount part looks too narrow. looks like 8th inch alumnum maybe and it only looks about an inch wide.....problem there mite be that the wind is gonna want to push your plate in towards the wheel. the wind passing the tag on top, bottom and inside is gonna try and push the tag straigt back....no problem there, but the wind going around the outside since it's not supported will try and push the tag inwards.

2) the bend in the part that attaches to the back of the plate holder is gonna vibrate alot and may crack and fail on ya

not tryin to down your design bro, just sayin from experience in designing these things. your design may be a little sturdier if you could get your hands on some stainless.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx Pony :firstplace: Always ready to listen to people that have been there done that. I give it some re-working, thanx again.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Thanx Pony :firstplace: Always ready to listen to people that have been there done that. I give it some re-working, thanx again.
not a problem bro......just hate to see that thing bend into your wheel while you were riding........ride safe bro..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts