Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from NH.
My son and I are flying from Boston to Detroit Metro Airport next Tuesday the 17th for the day (and again the 31).
We have to be in Chelsea for his medical treatment.
What is your best guess time-wise for the drive from the airport to Chelsea at 9:00 am?
How about the reverse trip at 3:00 pm?
Thanks for the help.
Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I would say at least 1 hour, but if you need to be at chelsea at 9:00am, I would at least say 1.5 hours. Traffic can get crazy at that time of day and I-94 is a very busy e-way! I always like to have plenty of time.

Good Luck
Q

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would give it a 1/2 hr longer on each end ...94 is a sob sometimes..if I can be of anymore help shoot me off a PM

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I figured an hour and a 1/2. Now I feel better. Hope I won't have to use my Boston driving skills!
Dave

·
Registered
886 Posts
Plumcrazy said:
Thanks guys. I figured an hour and a 1/2. Now I feel better. Hope I won't have to use my Boston driving skills!
Dave
Yeah, you really don't want to use eastern driving skills on Michigan roads. :lol: :lol:
You could get hurt. :shock:
I'm warning you!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it took 50 minutes each way. I never would have guessed that.
Exit 159 off Rt 94. Nice easy ride. Cold and wet, though. Remember when summer meant clear weather for more than 1 day , and temps in the 80's?
Thanks for your help guys. We'll be back out again on the 31st for round 2.
Safe riding to all.
Dave

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
next time your out this way give me a heads up will buy ya and your kiddo a soda..glad it worked out for ya

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, glad it worked out for you to. But I would still stick to the 1.5 hours because I-94 can get crazy, you got lucy and glad that you did.

Q

1 - 8 of 8 Posts