Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the thread size is for the air/ fuel screw located in the bottom of the carb? I boogered up the threads .. ughhhh.. i have an 06' 1300 c.

thanks.

hunt

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
The jet threads in the carb or on the jet ? Smitt

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they would be the same cableguy, but i found my answer just now. The thread size for that air fuel is 6mm x .5--- ended up taking the screw in to a machine shop and having them check it. I had to order the tap. It wont be in till next wed.. I hate having my bike down that long!--

ohh like those pipes on your bike.. very nice.. id like a set that swoops like that on the engine but turns down on the end. Nice look..i like it

hunt

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Did you strip the Jet part or the bottom of the carb or both ? If you just tweeked the jet you just get a jet from the dealer, If its the bottom of the bowel, I'm sure you can find a local guy that would be able to retap it as to waiting for your own tap. One way or another it should be a simple, quick fix. And thanks, thinking of changing them to Sider Burnner. Smitt

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i didnt wanna say what happened, but here it is. After cleaning the carb it needed adjusted. If you have ever had to do this , then you know its a PITA. so i decided, ( even then against my better judgement ) to superglue the d tool to the screw so i could just reach up and adjust when needed. Yeaaa... bad idea.. and i knew it even as i was holding it in place on the screw. Anyway, it froze the screw. From there it got worse. i used a dremel to cut down the tower to expose the d screw head so i could get some pliers on it. another bad idea.. LOl-- I snapped off the top of the screw where the tool fits on.:banghead: , So I had to use an easy out on the screw while applying heat. I got the screw out but it left some black lookin **** in threads. probably super glue.. duh.. I bought a new screw but im pretty sure its not going down the whole way. I know this cause it isnt in as far as the other one was, and.... i flipped the screw over and being that its just flat on that end, it only went in as far as it did turned the other way, so i know the needle part isnt stopping it. That tower where it screws in is tapped the whole way down so it should of went in alot further.

Now thats my story.. A long,, very stupid idea gone wrong..LOL

what pipes are those? And thanks for trying to help bro. I appreciate it.

Ps, That tap you need to chase the threads has to be a bottom tap. Nobody around here had one, not even the machine shops. Its a very odd size and if you can find the tap, its almost garunteed its not a bottom tap

hunt

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
OOOOOO I see. Sounds like you gave yourself enough crap for that move, so I'll spare you. Their HK2's, before you buy do a search on here for Hard Krome, read what has been said. So you know what your getting into. But I love them any way and they sound great, IMO. The new set I'm looking at are also hard Krome, so you know where I stand on them. Smitt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts