Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Life has its ups and downs, and right now I'm in a very serious down. Several events have occurred at the same time, leaving me somewhat of an emotional mess but also in a bad financial situation. I have made the decision to sell my VTX, as it's money that I currently need. I know right now is a terrible time to sell, but I want to get the word out now, even if it takes a while to sell. I would love to sell it to one of "us" rather than some stranger, but Craig's List is my next stop if this doesn't pan out. All comments and questions are welcome, but my decision to sell is final. :cry:

$6500 or best offer

2004 VTX 1300C, silver
Very good condition, never down, runs flawlessly
8898 miles
8K service done by Jon a few months ago
Running Amsoil synthetic with Amsoil filters since 600 mile service
Other services performed by myself and by Jon

Extras:

New Metzeler 880 tires front and back, with about 600 miles on them
New battery, about 1 year old, always battery tendered
Ultimate mid rider seat with back rest
Ultimate passenger seat
Cobra sissy bar and luggage rack
Memphis Big Shot windshield
Bub Jug Huggers straight through pipes
Progressive front springs and 412 series shocks
All Balls head bearings
Paladin engine guards with Kuryakyn folding highway pegs
T-Bag Universal Expandable luggage rack back with removable top roll
Stebel air horn
Cyberhick Clutch Tension Reducer
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Kuryakyn ISO throttle boss
Kuryakyn chrome bezel turn signals, orange front, red rear
Kuryakyn run-turn-brake controller with balancer
Auxiliary fuse box mounted on tool compartment door
VTX 1800-C bars
VTX 1800 risers
Clocks 4 Bikes handlebar clock
Custom tank bib with pocket for sun glasses
Kewl Metal handlebar helmet lock
Chrome license plate frame and bullet fasteners

·
Registered
965 Posts
Wow, sad to hear this, but I can dig. Im not trying to talk you out of selling, but I bet you would do alot better selling alot of those extras seperate. It may be a pain in the butt but I bet you could get $5,500 for the bike back to stock and get an extra $2-3K from all that extra stuff you got on it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, of course, but a lot of these things wouldn't be trivial to remove and replace with stock, and I don't have many of the stock items (pipes, tires, handlebars, etc.). In addition, if this bikes goes to one of our brothers here, I'm ok with taking a hit and giving him/her the complete setup. If I have to sell it on Craig's List, I may considering taking some of the things off (windsheild, backrest and rack, T-Bags, etc.).

Trust me, this decision is tearing me apart, but I've been riding the good wave for a long time, it's only fair that it came crashing down on me eventually.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I agree, it is hard to part with stuff.

However, if you wanted to part your seat out for some extra money I have a stock 1300C seat you can have for free to put on it. I changed mine out when I bought the bike. It's just sitting in the garage.

If you do want to go the route of changing out some stuff and selling parts down the road. Let me know if you want to do anything with the pipes.

I will talk to a couple of guy's I know about your bike that are wanting to buy a VTX but the timing for them might be bad. I will let you know.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the stock seat too, but thank you for your offer! I was just going to throw that in for free, along with a bike cover and any other extras I may have laying around.

Given the economy and the time of the sale, I was hoping all the "extras" would get the bike noticed over mostly stock ones. As I said, I know I'm more than likely taking a financial hit here in terms of the aftermarket parts, but the slightly high asking price was supposed to cover some of that.

I'm in a bind and time is working against me. :(

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
No money here either but good luck in getting the house back in order ASAP.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sam, it's good to know that I'm surrounded by people who care. Don't worry, I'm not giving up riding, especially since I still owe a lot of money on the V-Strom :shock: I'm hoping that when things settle down a bit (and this damn snow melts), I can still tag along with you guys. But let's not open that can of worms :yikes:

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
Man I'm sorry things have come to this for you. Hopefully things will start looking up :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Thanks Sam, it's good to know that I'm surrounded by people who care. Don't worry, I'm not giving up riding, especially since I still owe a lot of money on the V-Strom :shock: I'm hoping that when things settle down a bit (and this damn snow melts), I can still tag along with you guys. But let's not open that can of worms :yikes:
Sucks when it hits the fan- personal experience- but you WILL get through it and (insert endless cliches' here) yadda yadda.
Hey, if HD & Yamaha guys can ride with us there shouldn't be a problem with a Suzi or 2. :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Sorry to hear Adam I'll ask around for you.

I feel your pain dude and a few more people will too until this economy takes a turn for the better.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Really sorry to hear things are not going so well. We were in a tough situation last winter as well. WEnt through alot of crud and it got to the point where clint had to sell his goldwing. We needed the money so he sold it and got the vtx. He misses his wing and I just hope he can get another one in a few years. We also sold it this time of year and had we sold it during the summer we could have gotten more for it but well we couldn't wait until summer we needed the money. We have been slowly bouncing back and you will too.
Look forward to riding with you again this spring and summer with the vstrom.
Hey the snow is melting!! Almost clear enough to get back on the bike again. HOpefully next week it will be clear enough to start riding to work again.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys really are the best. Thank you for all the warm words of encouragement, especially given that I'm not as active here as I should be. To fill you in on some details, the sudden expense has come in the form very large vet bills. My senior Chihuahua's health is declining, and he has also developed a bad eye problem last week. On top of that, we recently rescued a second senior Chihuahua mix, who has been a little money pit as well. Combine that with outrageous heating bills, a rent that has already been stretching my budget, and now the fact that my car was hit (I hate deductibles), and I'm looking at some major credit card debt. These are all choices I made and there really isn't any blame to place anywhere. It just is what it is.

I already started looking for a new house to rent, a bit closer to civilization and for less money. I'm finding ways to save some cash, and this sale makes sense at this time. I'll miss my X, that's for sure, and nobody said that in the future I won't rejoin the X club.

But, for now, how can I look at these two faces and not pay whatever it costs to keep them happy and healthy?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I don't hear any other offers by Friday, I'm going to post the bike in the global Sale section. I appreciate all the offers to help, you guys are great.

Life isn't good right now, but I'm trying to hold it together.

- Adam

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
You're right, of course, but a lot of these things wouldn't be trivial to remove and replace with stock, and I don't have many of the stock items (pipes, tires, handlebars, etc.). In addition, if this bikes goes to one of our brothers here, I'm ok with taking a hit and giving him/her the complete setup. If I have to sell it on Craig's List, I may considering taking some of the things off (windsheild, backrest and rack, T-Bags, etc.).

Trust me, this decision is tearing me apart, but I've been riding the good wave for a long time, it's only fair that it came crashing down on me eventually.
Adam - let me check with my brother and see if he is interested in the bike. He wants to sell his GSX-R and get a VTX, probably a 1300. It's always best to buy from someone you know.

Also, if you want to sell it in stock condition and sell some of the upgraded items separately, let me know. I still have your stock pipes in my attic & I have a stock 1300 seat with no modifications at all. I'm sure you could get some good $$$ for the BuBs and the Ultimate seats. Like I said though, let me check in with my brother. :cool:

Dave~

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Dave, thank you for the offer. The bike is in very good condition, as I'm sure you have seen yourself. I would love to sell it to someone in our family here, I'd hate to see what would happen to it in the wrong hands. My price is what I would like to get, but I'm willing to negotiate, I know times are tough for everyone. Thank you for looking for me.

- Adam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts