Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a son that lives near Jordan,I live in Tennessee,for some reason he has got the bike bug.He is in his mid 30's and he is a large boy,anyway,being as I cant be there for this I was wondering if there is anyone around this area that would be willing to kinda look in on him and help guide him thru this and to help him get started.He called me a little while ago and said he has found a 1300 for a good price.I have already talked to him about taking a starter course before he gets too carried away.I have a lot of confidence in the people on the OA and was hoping someone could give him a little guidance being as I cant be there

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I live in Stillwater which is on the opposite side of the metro area. There are a few riders I know in that part of town, they have mostly moved on to Facebook and can be found on the Midwest Motorcycle Rally group. The rally itself would be great for your son, it is a family friendly weekend rally in LaCrosse, WI with about 200 folks showing up for guided bike rides through the area, bike games, movie night on the wall of the hotel, etc. Check it out at http://midwestmotorcyclerally.com/ - the site has not been updated for 2016 yet but should within a week or so. If your son has any questions regarding mechanics, dealers, good routes for inexperienced (or experienced) riders feel free to send me a PM. If he is on Facebook have him look up the group.

·
Registered
996 Posts
X2 on the rider course for anyone starting out. It's very simple and a "newbie" can learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Lots of good riding around the Twin Cities and plenty of good people around. Afraid the MN board has gotten really quiet with some of the longer term riders moving on to Victories but people do what the board if your son has any questions.

Safe riding...

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Hey Dad, I'm a biker dad too. Your son married?

Anyway, I'm in Burnsville, not far from Jordan.
I'll PM you with my contact info. I'm "retried" so I got plenty of time.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
If your son is still in the market I'm selling my Dad's 1800C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts