Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I live in Cambodia and have been having petcock and needle valve problems with my Honda VTX 1300. I fitted a repair kit to the petcock which has stopped the crankcases filling with petrol and fitted a new needle valve to stop the carburetor fuel leak. I can still smell petrol in my oil some mornings and the bike is hard to start as I still turn the fuel off. Tirn the fuel on and it splutters into life.
I need to know what I can do about the needle valve seat which seems to be plastic?
Can I buy a new one?
Can I repair it by polishing?
I have to order all parts from the states so not always easy.
I would appreciate any advice on this matter.
Thanks
Paul smith
The VTX is a hoot to ride here in Cambodia where most bikes are 125cc scooters the soft suspension soaks up most of the bumps and the locals love it. The only shame is I had to fit baffles for the police and my neighbours. Spares are difficult to come by and mostly mail order.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
This is showing up as being in the VTX 1800 board. Maybe you will get more responses in the appropriate 1300 section.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Not sure what parts you need, but you can use the diagram to identify and then search for the part numbers somewhere on that side of the ocean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the needle valve seat is brass, appears to be pressed in.
One recent carb issue> Fuel leaking from carb

MR VTX carb 101> Carb Cleaning 101

You should be able to source parts in SE Asia. Keihin carb.
The needle valve seat is plastic I wonder if I could fit the later brass valve seat?
It is difficult to see its condition because of its yellowish colour and removing it will for sure break it. Thanks for the advice I will try the spares people you have suggested.
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts