1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Cool...thanks. I still listen to Rush quite often. I didn't know any thing about him except his awsome percussion.

Eric

·
Registered
271 Posts
Nice!

As a HUGE Rush fan, it is nice to see some additional press about this guy. I would recommend reading any of Neil's 3 books. He is an avid traveler and has written a great motorcycle book as well as other interesting stuff.

His stuff is light enough to read through quickly when it is raining to hard to ride and you have to be stuck inside.

Check them out, you will be suprised.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm quite the RUSH fan myself. First real car I had was a red IROC Z-28, with the license BARCHETA. Neil is arguably the best percussionist around. If any of you get the chance go see a show, just to see and hear him play. A real "thunder god" if there ever was one. AND he rides...I'll be heading out to find his books tomorrow.

·
Registered
698 Posts
ghost_rider said:
I'm quite the RUSH fan myself. First real car I had was a red IROC Z-28, with the license BARCHETA. Neil is arguably the best percussionist around. If any of you get the chance go see a show, just to see and hear him play. A real "thunder god" if there ever was one. AND he rides...I'll be heading out to find his books tomorrow.
Speaking of licence plates...in my county I reserved 79a2112 for about 3 years (79-81 anyway, maybe more) m--//--

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
How many drummers does it take to change a lighbulb? Five -- one to actually change the bulb and 4 to stand around and argue about how Neil Peart could've done it better.

:D :D :D

Hey, it's 12:42 AM.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Neil is proof that rock musicians are not all the "rock star" sterotype. They are often intelligent, articulate people. Drumming, Rush, literature, and motorcycling are passions of mine and this remarkable guy combines them all. Good stuff. Also, wish I had his job. Play drums for a livin, ride when you want and for as long as you want. Good work if you can get it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Neil is incredible. He is still the best drummer on the planet. Bonham was in his league, but Neil is the man. His stick work is legendary.

·
Registered
271 Posts
License Plate

My H2 has 2112H2 for the plate. I'm a huge Rush fan!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been a fan since I was 12. Back then my best friend's big brother just bought Moving Pictures and he would let us in his room to listen to it. Red Barchetta became my all time favorite song instantly.

Been going to Rush shows loyally since the Hold Your Fire tour.

It's hard to listen to Red Barchetta now. That friend I mentioned died in a car crash some years ago. That song takes me all the way back and the world just doesn't feel right without my friend in it...

·
Registered
428 Posts
1001001 SOS
need I say any more 8)

too many 2112 refrences...thought I'd add that

In my Accord right now 4 out of the 6 CD's in the changer are Rush CD's

the greatest show of my life was at Jones Beach in July 2002...what a show!!! I've seen Rush over 12X and it is usually very methodical...they do what they do and go off stage...
at this show the crowd and the band reacted off each other makeing the greatest event of a Rush heads life...during the intermission Alex came out and sang(imagine that) to all of us about his day at the beach...what a show

my 8 and 5 year old bothered me so much to see them...and I'm not kidding...that I took them to Madison Sq. Garden to see them in late 02...they let me in with only 2 tickets(for me and the wife) and moved us to some great seats where we could sit with the kids and not be bothered
again a great show but nothing like Jones Beach was

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I saw RUSH back in 1975 I think it was(the somewhat blurry years) they had just released Caress Of Steal record.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I sold all of my CDs in 1991 and used the money to buy as many RUSH CDs as possible. I've seen them three times and missed one concert due to bad travel weather. My favorite riding shirt is a long sleeve version from their 30th anniversary tour.

Neil stated he "had suffered some bad family tragedies...." Now that's an understatement. That man's "history's debt won't ever be repaid...." 8)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
When I use to jam with a group on the weekends our drummer would always go on & on about Neil. I listen to about 1 album a day of Rush. Truly an extraordinary drummer. Dream Theater is I believe the next level up from Rush, incredible stuff.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Riffster said:
When I use to jam with a group on the weekends our drummer would always go on & on about Neil. I listen to about 1 album a day of Rush. Truly an extraordinary drummer. Dream Theater is I believe the next level up from Rush, incredible stuff.
I most respectfully disagree just to mix it up a bit. :wink: Dream Theater is good but not on RUSH's level. RUSH has been around for thirty plus years compared to DT's nineteen. RUSH has soul and ingenious lyrics. RUSH will see Cleveland. DT won't.

Don't get me wrong. DT has talent and is amazing; IMHO, they're just not of RUSH caliber.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought his comments about riding - having the right mindset - the right gear and making sure you and your bike are up to the task was very cool.
The guys gets to travel the world on his bike and then go rock out for stadiums full of people - he is a millionaire many times over - interesting that his choice is BMW - he could ride anything. They are nice bikes and the model he is riding suits what he is doing very well.

He mentions how riding can always seem new and can always be a self challenge to ride your best and not let the irresponsibility of other people on the road put you at risk (or your own mistakes). I like that he stressed always assessing your situation and not letting your guard down more or less. It is a challenge to ride excellent every day - balancing the risk and using your judgement about when you can push it and ride hard - but still not be dangerous to yourself or others.

Really liked what he had to say!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts