Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Neo riders placed these lowers on their ride. I just got a set in the mail, and was hopped up to get them installed, but the clamps just don't come close to fitting around my fork tubes. There's about 1-1.5 " between the ends when they're tight against the tube, and that's without the little rubber strip which you're supposed to install inside to "keep them tight".

Thought at first that maybe I just wasn't holding my mouth right, so I went inside, had a beer, then went to try again, and nope, I can't even Mongo them down to where they look like they might fit.

Figure I can't be the first one to try this, so here I am.

It looks like a pretty simple apparatus, I'm not thinking I'm confused, but I could be.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I dont think u will be able to get them to fit do to the chrome covers on the forks, I believe with all other lowers u have to get a different size rather then the ones for the retro.

·
Registered
15 Posts
fork tubes

Could it be that the manufacturer did not take into account that your neo has what appears to be factory chrome fork covers, I have a neo with the spec 3 options and most VTXs do not have chrome fork covers which are definently bigger in circumference.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got Jett Ink lowers on my C -- no chrome fork covers -- and the clamps were tight. Sounds as if your chrome fork covers will require bigger clamps. I'd call Jett Ink.

By the way, very sweet Neo. 8)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vrrmm
I have them on mine here is link to how you mount them. This is on another members bike but they are the same.

how to mount lowers
vrrmm

From looking at the pictures it appears there is no support lower down on the lower itself other than the 2 windshield bracket screws. Could you tell me if this is the case ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re:

vrrmm said:
I have them on mine here is link to how you mount them. This is on another members bike but they are the same.

how to mount lowers
Sorry to revive this 3 year old thread - but just got a set of Jett Ink lowers and ran into this same problem, after much googling & searching arrived here. Vrrmm, if you're still active on this board, the link you posted waaaay back then is no longer valid... But it sounds from the responses like maybe you maybe drilled & attached directly to the windshield?

·
Registered
961 Posts
If I remember right the top hole was about an inch down from the top then what ever you need for spacing for wndshield bolts worked great and easy

sorry I don't think I have the pics anymore

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, went ahead and did that last night. Worked out great - I think better than those cheesey clamps (if they had even been the right size). Thanks for the idea!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts