Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and Gal.. I havent post that much.. been busy with life.. anyways. as most of you are aware that I'm Deaf. I've been going alot of test lately for my Hearing. this coming Monday (July the 2nd) I'm going to take final test (CT Scan) to get ready for Cochlear Implant.. so I would be able to Hear and communicate with people like you all instead of writing the paper all the time.

anyways Cochlear Implant is Device that helps people that cannot hear. that machine bypasses my damaged ear drum. the receiver (implant) is suppse to be Mechanical Drum. Hence that I'm suppose to hear just like you all. I'm little nervous.. it'll be a whole new world for me...

Dr Owens said that he'll go ahead crack my head open to implant the Machine... :shock: he was joking..at frist... I thought all doctor has no sense of humor...anyways he also said that He wants to do more testing.. I told him.. Yes more testing to make sure it's all good before cutting my head open...

anyways about me.. I was born Hearing just like you all. but when I was 13 months old. I got real sick. (spinial mengitinis) (sp?). I slipped in coma for 3 weeks. Dr told my mom that when I get out of coma..I'll be deaf and blind... it turns out I Became Profound deaf. that's it.. (Thank God) I've been like that for 31 years. so those surgery will be new to me.... anyways enough of those ramblings.. i had to say something on those board to let ya'll know... :wink:

well....to make it bike related. I finally rode my bike..it was sunny, Beautiful out there. no rain no nothing... yes I'm a wuss.. I can't ride in the rain.. I'll melt..

.Here's the pic of my bike right next to twin Beech .. also there's an ugly species between the toys... :wink:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good Luck to you on your surgery! Your gonna be grinning ear to ear when you hear your bike for the first time. :D Prayers sent also...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
good luck to ya on the up comming surg. .....let us know how it went and be patient untill the programming is done and done right...this world is loud and full of sound...again good luck to ya nad hang in there

sweet looking scoot too but who is that god ugly bald guy ?

·
Old Goat
26,182 Posts
Nice bike, and a cool plane too Ive always liked that style,good luck with the implant , I know its corny but life gave you lemons and you made lemonade. Good Luck and have a safe one.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
My uncle had an implant several years ago. It works great for him, but it took a long time for him to adjust to it. Little things like the refrigerator kicking on would bother him? I guess he didn't know how much he was really missing. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I cant even imagine the feelings you are having. I have always imagined what people with these disabilities would feel like getting them fixed. Stevie Wonder being able to see again. You being able to hear again. Its just amazing that you are able to have your hearing fixed. I wish I was there to see you experiencing sound for the first time again.

God bless you and my prayers are with you!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What a scary and amazing time of your life. The amount of noise around us is very surprising. I wish you the best. Please keep us updated.

Tina

·
Banned
24,429 Posts
Good luck.
I would be interested in learning more about your implant.I lost the hearing in one ear(USMC)40 years ago and the other is getting worse.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Good luck with the surgery! What an exciting and scary thing. Glad to see you are going for it. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
wow!! i bet you are excited!!! i will say a prayer for you, and i sure hope it is a very succesful operatoin.
ps
you have a badass bike too, love that look you have created!
Keep us informed of your progress man, good luck you ya.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good luck and god bless, your in my prayers for a speedy recovery and 100% success with your surgery. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Good Luck

We will be praying for your successful surgery!
Let us know how it turns out.

·
co-sponsor
4,082 Posts

wow, I had no idea you were deaf! The things we take for granted chatting online with someone.... Hope all goes well with your procedure.

BTW, you have one of THE coolest VTX's around, I LOVE what you've done with it. Always been one of my favorites! 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Torque,

Good luck with your surgery. I may not know the depth of your concern, but at least part of it. I'm going to have my hip replaced this Monday and will be out of riding action till probably October, if not longer. That is bothersome enough, but to go through the op? Well on a logical level I know it will be good for me. On an emotional level, YIKES :!: Everyone I know says that they wish they had done it sooner and it wasn't so bad. I guess I'll find out.

In your case the change though dramatic we hope is wonderful as well. We're all bikers and will share you in our prayers for a speedy and successful recovery. :)

MechE

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Re: .....

BDsbigZRX said:
wow, I had no idea you were deaf! The things we take for granted chatting online with someone.... Hope all goes well with your procedure.

BTW, you have one of THE coolest VTX's around, I LOVE what you've done with it. Always been one of my favorites! 8) 8) 8)
+1

cool blke !!!!
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts