Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took everything apart, rebuilt my carb, changed all fluids, plugs, etc... when I put everything back together my neutral light no longer works and I can't run the bike with the kick stand down anymore. I double checked the 2 green plugs coming from the speedo and they seem okay. Anyone have any idea what the heck I could've done for this to stop working? Everything else works... 馃槓

Registered
Did you check the kickstand switch.

Registered
White/Red wire on Speedo connector. Pin Could have been pushed out or bent over.
The 3 pin plastic part in the fuse box is a dual diode, a part in the Neutral Switch circuit.

Registered
The other side of the White/Red wire is a green wire from the neutral switch. I'd check to see if the wire is still connected at the neutral switch. If so, pull the connector off the neutral switch and ground it to the case to see if the light comes on, +12 is always on one side of the light and it needs ground from the neutral switch. The ground from the switch also goes into the ICM to let it know the bike is in neutral. If the light comes on then all the wiring is good and probably the switch is bad. If the light doesn't come on then follow the wiring is probably disconnected somewhere.

neutral switch.jpg neutral switch wiring.jpg

Reactions: VTXArizona

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I will check and let you know how I make out.

Registered
Forum Says you were here 11 hours ago.
Another 1300 with carb issues and then "No Neutral" light.
Wonder what is going on...
The Neutral switch, a diode , a green connector pin, no green led light.

Izzy419 is the other VTX Rider.

Did you remove the battery and put it back in??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forum Says you were here 11 hours ago.
Another 1300 with carb issues and then "No Neutral" light.
Wonder what is going on...
The Neutral switch, a diode , a green connector pin, no green led light.

Izzy419 is the other VTX Rider.

Did you remove the battery and put it back in??
I haven't had a chance to check everything yet, that's why I haven't posted follow up. I did put a new battery in as well.

Registered
What battery polarity is at the right side near the Starter relay??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, out of no where it started working again. I think it's safe to assume it is a loose wire/bad connection. I'm thinking it's has to be the green connectors even though they look okay to me. That is all I really took apart electrical. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Old Goat
So, out of no where it started working again. I think it's safe to assume it is a loose wire/bad connection. I'm thinking it's has to be the green connectors even though they look okay to me. That is all I really took apart electrical. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Check the connector for a bent pin...when I have to pull the tank..I slip the speedo housing into a crown royal bag,and tie to engine guards...15 years/56k green connector never unplugged...good luck

Registered
In your original post you said the bike wouldn't start. The green connectors ONLY affect the indicator, they are not part of the safety circuit at all. BIke does not care if the light is not on it is only for the operator. Refer to my earlier post.

Reactions: TennX
1 - 11 of 11 Posts