Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just picked this low mileage 07 retro up last week and loving it so far. Test rode some other options in similar cubic ranges and was overall most impressed with the honda. These things move pretty dang quick and are comfortable enough for riding two up as well. Already ordered some 3m vinyl and a nice batwing, any recommendations I'm not thinking of? I'll be lurking around the performance sections and look forward to putting some miles on her!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
Looks more like an F model rather than a Retro. But it's still a very nice bike.

I’m not trying to be nitpicky, but having the right model details is important when you order accessories like shields.

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
1800F wheels, 1800F tail lights, 1800F fenders.
Hard krome sideburner , they make some noise.
Welcome to the VTXOA!

·
Old Goat
26,439 Posts
Description of bike should be under kickstand side yellow cover…..know your bike makes working on it a lot easier…OH Yeah….welcome….

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Hey everyone, just picked this low mileage 07 retro up last week and loving it so far. Test rode some other options in similar cubic ranges and was overall most impressed with the honda. These things move pretty dang quick and are comfortable enough for riding two up as well. Already ordered some 3m vinyl and a nice batwing, any recommendations I'm not thinking of? I'll be lurking around the performance sections and look forward to putting some miles on her!

View attachment 198360
Read all you can find about it. For interest of clarity, you do not have a 'retro', which most refer to as an R model with the full fenders that stick out in the back. An R is the same as an S except the S has spoke wheels, and the T is the same as an R with the addition of factory W/S and saddle bags. Your F is similar but different in a number of ways from a C. The F has the 18" 5 spoke rims. Your F also has digital electronics, an upgrade over most models.

Reactions: zorrogash and TennX

·
Old Goat
26,439 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe wrong but I always considered the F the Cadillac….really rare around here…and those few for sale they didnt know what they had….….OP bike is prime example (including color ) I went on the hunt for back in the day…

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe wrong but I always considered the F the Cadillac….really rare around here…and those few for sale they didnt know what they had….….OP bike is prime example (including color ) I went on the hunt for back in the day…
When we refer to something as the "Cadillac" of a particular vehicle, we really show how old we are, Phil. LOL Maybe the F should mean 'Ferrari'

·
Old Goat
26,439 Posts
When we refer to something as the "Cadillac" of a particular vehicle, we really show how old we are, Phil. LOL Maybe the F should mean 'Ferrari'
I accept that…..:D

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good morning everyone, thank you all for the welcomes and clarification on the bikes model. I was reading up the differences last night between all of the f's,c's and r's and determined that it was some sort of honda and that was enough lol. But knowing the exact model will help me in the future when I need to order parts and it's just nice to know. I did just order the hypercharger for the increased "cool" factor so I'll post some after photos once that's on. Other than that I'm thinking some nice hard saddle bags for the rear and she'll be one cool low mileage vtx :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks more like an F model rather than a Retro. But it's still a very nice bike.

I’m not trying to be nitpicky, but having the right model details is important when you order accessories like shields.
Hey no worries man! Thank you for the clarification (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1800F wheels, 1800F tail lights, 1800F fenders.
Hard krome sideburner , they make some noise.
Welcome to the VTXOA!
Hey thanks for the welcome! You know I'm usually a dual pipe kinda guy but I really dig the sideburner on this bike (looks cool and sounds good), thanks for putting a name to it because I had no idea what is was called (it was driving me crazy lol o_O).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Left side down tube near shifter pedal should have a VIN sticker on it.
Thanks, I did run a vin check before purchasing and found the model specifics when checked was (2007 Honda VTX 1800F Spec 3/(1795CC V2 FI)), but when checked by the title transfer company they included the word retro on the model information. Obviously they got that piece of information incorrect which led to my confusion. It would be cool if Honda supported a vin check service like Toyota does but no use in crying over spilt milk. :cool:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome to the club!
Very nice looking VTX. (y)
Are you in Florida? Riding weather all year long.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The F3 VTX is pretty rare cpmpared to the R model. BTW The F3 was msrp listed around $15k. It might be in your best interest to get the paper right.
Wow, good to know thanks! I'm using an etag service due to my counties DMV being backed up over a month as of now. When I entered the vin information it prompted some super generic honda vtx blah blah retro/F/C something something and asked me to verify if that was the correct vehicle. I don't think it was specific to my new bike but a more generalized "one size fits all" to confirm the make of the motorcycle. When the vin is ran through a paid service it shows as the more specific Spec 3 like you're saying. Definitely going to make sure everything is listed correctly, the more I learn about this thing the more I come to like it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts