Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 03 1800c, Don't much care for stock bars, I sit slouched like a C and my tail bone gets very sore in no time. I feel I need to reach up for the bars, this should move my tailbone off the back of the seat!!
Anyone have any suggestions for a drag style bar? Looking at some with 7.5" rise and 7.5" pullback, And stock rise with 5.5" pullback both have 33" width? Any help, Don't want to extreme!!:tools:

·
Super Moderator
64,224 Posts
I'm thinking you are going the wrong way here. You say you are slouching, and yet you want bars that don't go back as far? That will mean you will have to slouch furthur to reach the bars. What you sound like you want is to sit up more straight, to relieve that slouch. That means adding 6 inch risers to your C model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spike, my bars already come back to me, I am looking for a drag style bar so I have to reach for them in return making me sit up, making my back straight and not allowing my tail bone to touch the back of the seat..
I don't want to reach up in the air just forward a bit but not to extreme!! I just got rid of my GSXR were the bars were mounted below the tripple trees, But I still put over 25,000mi on her, I never thought I would ever owen a bike like this but after knee and shoulder problems I was forced and I love this thing!!! anyhow just wanted some info on some bars, These are Barrons and I see these alot in pics of VTX'S

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have problems with your tail bone you need saddleman seat and the barons handdlerbar 13" pulled back ,look cool and you will feel better .the reason I know is because I went thru the same.

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
I have 03 1800c, Don't much care for stock bars, I sit slouched like a C and my tail bone gets very sore in no time. I feel I need to reach up for the bars, this should move my tailbone off the back of the seat!!
Anyone have any suggestions for a drag style bar? Looking at some with 7.5" rise and 7.5" pullback, And stock rise with 5.5" pullback both have 33" width? Any help, Don't want to extreme!!:tools:
OK Delfygo, yer talking to a guy who has gone thru the process. Here's what you need to do. Ditch the 6" riser idea and just swap your handle bar with a "R" handle bar. You will need to replace your stock C brake line with a Valkyrie brake line and pick up 2 extra cable clamps. The 6" risers are an improvement over the stock ergonomic problem but they don't solve the problem. By keeping you stock C risers you can install the R handle bar without changing or stretching cables. I had 6" Rivco risers installed on my 1800C because the stock bars and risers stretched me out too much and I had to lean forward to reach the controls. This made my back hurt on long drives. Installing new risers helped quite a lot but my back and shoulders still hurt after a long drive, just not as much as before....but they still hurt and that sucks! I had an opportunity to sit on a friend's bike who had the R Mod done and the difference was like night and day. I have since ordered all the parts that I need for the R Bar swap and I'm waiting for some good weather and also waiting to get my arm out of this cast. (Previous ATV accident!) And then I will have my favorite mechanic do the swap for me. I'm trying to save you some money here and this is the cheapest way to solve the problem. BTW, one of the guys who chimed in here recomended a seat mod. If you do a seat mod (if your tail bone hurts that wouldn't be a bad idea) it is highly recomended that you do the seat mod before you swap handle bars. You want to make your bars fit your seat and not the other way around.

Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Spike, my bars already come back to me, I am looking for a drag style bar so I have to reach for them in return making me sit up, making my back straight and not allowing my tail bone to touch the back of the seat..
I don't want to reach up in the air just forward a bit but not to extreme!! I just got rid of my GSXR were the bars were mounted below the tripple trees, But I still put over 25,000mi on her, I never thought I would ever owen a bike like this but after knee and shoulder problems I was forced and I love this thing!!! anyhow just wanted some info on some bars, These are Barrons and I see these alot in pics of VTX'S
Ahhh ... I think your issue is just the opposite of what most other folks find -- usually the reach to the bar is too far and people want to bring them closer.
You might want to look at something like Baron's Xtreme bar here. If not that one, there are many different drag bars out there that might suit your needs. Our sponsor Direct Line Parts has a few, and J&P Cycles has more. Sorry I'm not more help, but I'm one of those others that wanted a shorter reach. :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts