Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:? hey guys, seeking a little help here. i am in the process of purchasing a brand new 1300 C. I wanna get the pipes installed before it leaves the showroom floor and am not familiar with the diff pipes- sound and tones. i have read several postings on some of the pipes on here, but i guess i still have'nt made much of a decision. if it helps any, i want to be very loud, but not ragged sounding, and it must have a very deep tone! if u guys could elaborate on baffles inside the pipes i would appreciate that also, as i have heard that this can affect tone and sound also. glad i found this site it is awesome :p 8)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Josh,

I got BUB pipes and am extremely happy with the tone and sound. They are very loud and can be heard from a great distance.

·
Registered
816 Posts
i went with hk classic straights. very happy with them and much cheaper than others at hdl :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
I went with the Vance and Hines Bigshots and I love the sleek look and amazing sound. I think they have the best sound out there. almost nicer and deeper than a hog.

Go with VH

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone have any suggestions as to what baffles sound the best in the V&H Big Shots? what about the thunder monsters and where do i get them? :?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
If you want the deepest sound, go with the Bigshots. And do the complete pair valve removal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put BUB JUG HUGGERS on my bike and love um. 03 1300S a deep rumble and will really bark when you light it up. And they look fantastic!!!!
A buddy of mine put HK 2 1/2 " classic straights on his they sound nice but there to close to his plastic side cover and is melting a hole in it. hes not happy at all.
you can't go wrong with bub jug huggers!!!!! you will love um :mcrider:

·
Registered
651 Posts
kingofthecruisers.com has several sound clips of 1300's with different pipes. they'll sound a little different in person, but it'll give you an idea.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info so far guys. still i haven't had any info about baffles. could someone tell me the best baffles for the V&H bigshots. ohh yeah and what are these thunder monster baffles? i would appreciate if someone could elaborate about those! i have heard them mentioned in several postings.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Look at my signature line. Nuff said. V&H are loud, and the thunder monsters make them louder, without sacrificing back pressure. V&H has a crossover chamber, that helps "scavenge" exhaust. You can't go wrong with them.

http://www.bigcitythunder.com/

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Standard baffles that come with the Big shots are REALLY LOUD! I put the quiet baffles in, they are loud when you open it up and have a great deep rumble at cruise. You cant go wrong with these pipes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts