Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me begin by saying I HAVE done a search (!) first, but some of the threads are 10 years old and older so I figured I would just ask. If there is a pertinent post, just point me in the right direction and I'm happy to read.

My stock high-beam just went out so I need a new bulb. I'd like to replace it with a whiter plug-and-play bulb, but would be interested in an LED if I don't have to do some weird wiring fix so the electronics don't get screwed up. Also would like to buy from someone on the forum if that's an option, trying to be a good neighbor. What are some options? Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
www.vtxdaymaker.com with his adjustable bracket. Will take you about 30-45 minutes to install (you have to use parts of your OEM bracket). Pick the Daymaker bulb style you want from his choices.

I love mine. Many people report bad output with Daymakers when they do not have the adjustability needed to properly aim them. They actually get worse useable light. Also, putting an LED bulb in the reflector housing is the same, a lot more light output, but in actuality less useable light than stock.

vtxdaymaker's setup is worth the cost.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
www.vtxdaymaker.com with his adjustable bracket. Will take you about 30-45 minutes to install (you have to use parts of your OEM bracket). Pick the Daymaker bulb style you want from his choices.

I love mine. Many people report bad output with Daymakers when they do not have the adjustability needed to properly aim them. They actually get worse useable light. Also, putting an LED bulb in the reflector housing is the same, a lot more light output, but in actuality less useable light than stock.

vtxdaymaker's setup is worth the cost.
^^^^THIS^^^^ Around $160, depending on style and options like colored halo's or DRL's.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I went the LED bulb way. Adjusted it properly and am very happy with the lower power consumption and increased light output overall.
I did a lot of research back then and read a lot about the different problems with different styles. And eventually picked a good LED. They were not cheap, I think it was $20. But it was worth it for both main benefits.
The only downside is the room these LEDs need with their passive sinks or active fans. The room in the headlight bucket is already tight so this does not help. But I did some cleaning up in there and fit the bulb in nicely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went the LED bulb way. Adjusted it properly and am very happy with the lower power consumption and increased light output overall.
I did a lot of research back then and read a lot about the different problems with different styles. And eventually picked a good LED. They were not cheap, I think it was $20. But it was worth it for both main benefits.
The only downside is the room these LEDs need with their passive sinks or active fans. The room in the headlight bucket is already tight so this does not help. But I did some cleaning up in there and fit the bulb in nicely.
I would ask which light you went with, but if you have a C then you've already got a larger housing than the F so I doubt it would fit with a sink.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shoot this guy a message on facebook with any questions. Hes been around for a long time selling led bulbs for our bikes. Simple plug and play and the bulb lights up street signs in the daytime.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
+1 on the dayMaker for the F. Love it. One of the best mods I’ve done to date,

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
90 Posts

·
Old Goat
26,306 Posts
While I never upgraded like most…I did go to an h-4… the same bulb has been on the bike for 14 years and with a modulator (nod to Marvin the Martian)… great bulb for those of us that dont ride at night…. But listen to these guys they know their chit….good luck

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
You got the one with the Bracket? When I look for it now, the Bracket page is no longer shown. Do you know if you can still get the bracket for them?
as far as I know when you order the light the bracket comes with it, no need to order separate. but you need to specify the F model on the order, I believe the option pops up when you go to add to the cart.

Reactions: rangers4u
1 - 17 of 17 Posts