Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have retro risers and bars on my C. My cables are a bit stretched. Do I have to pull the tank in order to replace the cables? I'm no wrench and have done all the mods to my bike so far but, may not be up for the challenge of pulling the tank.

Help anyone?

·
Registered
663 Posts
planman said:
I have retro risers and bars on my C. My cables are a bit stretched. Do I have to pull the tank in order to replace the cables? I'm no wrench and have done all the mods to my bike so far but, may not be up for the challenge of pulling the tank.

Help anyone?
Don't really know about changing the cables, but I do know removing the tank is EASY. One bolt, a couple of hose clamps, and one electrical connector and it lifts right off. YOU CAN DO IT!

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Pulling off the tank is not a challenge. There are three hoses, and one bolt involed in removeing the tank. You must remove the seat first, and that is another three bolts. Overall it is very simple. Unfortunately, I can't give you any insight on the cables.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jeffca

I bought them off a fellow Xer here in the classifieds. I've seen a few come thru. I tried the KMs and the thinmans on my C and neither was really the look and feel that I wanted.

Planman

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I have to agree with others on this, pulling the tank is a snap. Remove the seat one bolt 3 hoses (on my 04) the speedo wiring, wiggle it back lift off, set down someplace. I would recommend someplace that the tank doesn't have to sit on the petcock

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Piece of cake to remove the tank. Once it's off, set it on two 2 x 4's (one at each end) to keep weight off the petcock. The less gas you have, the better - easier to move around :wink:
I dont think you can do the cables without removing the tank.

·
Registered
987 Posts
planman said:

Help anyone?
You could try re-routing the cables behind the triple tree to get a bit more slack too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Be aware of rerouting the cables behind the triple tree. I did that to give more room, and my steel braided (yes, covered) cables have started rubbing my tank noticeably... the hard right turns make the brake cable rub...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've already moved the cables behind the triple tree. Did that when I replaced the bars. The cables still seem a little tight and I might want to go with a different riser sometime. Thanks for the help!

Planman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts