Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these yet???? if so how do you like them and how do they sound.

INSTALL????

Personally I love the look and hope they sound as good as they look!!

Thanks Again for the INFO!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, I've got them and love them. I used to have the orginal Cobra slash cuts, but those were angled over the clutch and next to the side cover.

The new version has that great curve around the clutch.

And the sound is great. IMHO it is about the best sounding pipe on a VTX. I also like Jardines sound.

My bike is an 2002 1800c.

Crawdaddy

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have them also and I got them for the look mostly, because to me they are the best looking set of pipes you can have on the 1800 IMHO. I wound up putting the V&H quite baffels in them which gave it a much deeper sound and reduced the decel popping. I did notice a decrease in low-end power when I first put them on but the V&H quites brought it back to life with more back pressure. I have heard several people complain about the quality, but I haven't seen any signs of problems yet.

V

·
0 Posts
big bang without baffles...
the quality is way better then years ago...no rust
install? easy, easier then take the stock off!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh Daaaamn!!!.....just when I thought I had made my mind up on what pipes to get for the X...those look awesome.... :x :x :x

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw them and heard them when I went to pick up my bike at the dealership 2 weeks ago in PA. They look nice and sound wonderful but I think I am still leaning more towards the V&H's. The VH have a deeper growl that I am looking for.

This weekend I went to a Honda dealership in I think Totowa, NJ and they had a mess of new 1800's with the 240 kits on them. They looked hot. They also had the BUB exhausts on which looked great. Only thing is I never heard them LIVE just in clips so I don't know what they reallllllly sound like.

Here are some pics of the Cobra's I saw on the dealership floor.
http://photos.yahoo.com/legendR6

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
from what i read on the forums cobra pipes arnt very good pipes but its your money do what you want.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've got them as well. I added the V&H Quiet Baffles which really deepened the sound . They are great pipes.
Joe

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very happy with sound, looks, quality...!

Ride Safe, Larry

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again for the replies everyone !!!! another quicky question would be what type of fuel management are you guys running with these?

thanks once more in advance!!!
you all rock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts