Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One wants to tear your fingers off and the other wants to dance. The K1600B was worth the wait. It is huge but handles like sport bike. I still love my VTX especially when I'm in a heavy metal mood. Now I need a sport bike and a new shop its a disease!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I went from a ninja 1000 to a Versys 1000 and then a Valkyrie gen 2 looking for that bike that fits me. I am patient buyer and wait for the best deals so when I resale I'm not breaking the bank. In fact the Valkyrie and the Versys I made a few bucks. Anyway the K1600B is a big bike it really is big like the other baggers out there. What is different about it is that it handles better than my Versys did, very powerful and fast. My VTX is faster in a straight line at full acceleration but it wants to rip your arms off and the experience is like riding in a race car. The 1600 is like a bagger sport bike that is very comfortable especially the weight you cant tell how big it is once you are riding. I was looking at this and a rocket 3 about the same money in fact this was less money and it comes with all the goodies. I think I have found the best mix for me, fast and capable with a forward foot position. I wont sell my VTX because of all we have been through together and sometimes a ride should be aggressive and testosterone laden. I never thought I would be on a beamer, never thought they would build a bagger either.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I could not get my TTS supercharger to work right. The Honda ECM and the power commander and ignition module would only do so much. How did you manage to get it tuned? What kind of power did you put down... my clutch slipped while attempting to dyno tune it. Bike put down 138 hp and and around 148 in torque. Clutch didn't hold the power and the tunning was not where it should have been, injectors were too big and the ecm needed a boost reference map sensor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts