Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to Fannin Landing lately and if so, What do you think of the new plans for it? The wife and I rode out there this past Sunday and was suprised to see the sign saying the new building would be up and running by July!!!!!!!
We are really looking forward to it as we ride up there often on Sundays to hang out and chat with the other bikers there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
fannin

im not sure is fannin at ratliff or what? i hear they are putting a building there its gonna be a money maker on sundays i bet but we should really get all the x riders from the area to meet one sunday send me a pm and we will set up a ride. my uncle is in the hospital so i wont make thunder beach but more than likely ill may the deals gap ride may 22 so let me know.
thanks

Chris

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my bad...

yea, I meant ratliff ferry. Don't know what I was thinking when I said fannin landing. :oops: lol.
A group ride of VTX's would be great. Say where and when and the wife and I will go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ratliff Ferry

Count me in :)

...Len

·
Registered
20 Posts
fannin

cool ill just wait on the weather where all do you guys live. so we can find a central location to meet just to be fair for everyone. oh and you guys name some of your fav. places to ride and ill get my family and my vtxers to ride. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fannin

I live just south of Jackson on I-55 in Byram. The wife and I usually like to ride the trace either north or south and we also like to ride to Vicksburg and go thru the military park. We like back roads and scenic rides. Neither of us are crazy about the interstate roads. We don't care where we ride as long as we ride.......so anywhere you want to go is fine by us. Just let us know. The more, the merrier.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ratliff Ferry

I live near Edinburg, between Carthage and Philadelphia about three miles off of Hwy 16.

·
Registered
417 Posts
trace

I have been up there a couple of times this year. Is there going to be a store there? Does anybody know when they are to open the trace around Jackson? I think it was to be around the 1st of May. Ivanhoe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ratliff Ferry

Rode to Ratliff Ferry today to check it out. It's only about thirty minutes from my house.

The store is still under construction. They laid the foundation but that's about all. The sign at the entrance reads that the grand opening is to be on July 5th this year. If that's the case, they better get with-it. It also reads that they have a vendor with a concession stand set up only on weekends and they encourage everyone to visit. If that's the case, I think it would be a worthwhile trip. I'll check out the concession stand this Saturday or Sunday (whichever day is not raining) to see what they got.

·
Registered
289 Posts
somebody is about to make a good living with that store on sundays

·
Registered
20 Posts
fannin

yea my dad and i say everytime we go to ratliff that man if we had time to work it and run a store there it would be a huge money maker. but from what i gather and what everyone says that the fire dept. that has that area is giving everyone a hard time about a store saying it is a big liability. but that is all hearsay. so what about a ride im ready i live in brandon and always ride out to the rez. on sundays and heck even saturdays that im not at work. im going to brookhaven to take my bike in thurs. to check the valves and have a good looking over.
You guys lets meet somewhere and have some lunch and chat about the baddest bikes ever. VTX
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
20 Posts
meet

hey, ive talked to vtx4brent and we are prob gonna find a good place to meet this weekend so if you guys are intrested just let us konw mabey a ride to ratliff or even we might go to red canyon in printiss (sp). if any of you read this send me a pm and we can figure all the details out.
:D :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
meet

hey guys its time to ride the weatherman said that sunday is going to be 78 and sunny. Im ready if yall are. Im going to make the suggestion about meeting at flying j sunday about 11:'30 or 12 depending on church. ill check post this afternoon so tell everyone that you ride with and let me know so im not the only one at the j on sunday :roll: :shock:
pm me or post reply please to let me know
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok

1more post :lol: i talked to copperhead(nice guy) we came up with flying j at about 1 due to church. i know most of you guys havent read the previous post so this is a litte more narrowed down so that we can all meet. let me know or make a post and hopefully we can get a good crowd to ride. Copperhead and i talked about a ride to ratliff and to check out the vendor that has set up to sell food and drinks. look forward to seeing all you guys soon. ill check for more post tonight.
thanks
Chris

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sunday ride

Sounds like a plan to me :D I'll be there. Hopefully we'll have a good showing. The more the better. It should prove to be a nice ride from FJ to Ratliff ferry.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ride sunday

count me and the wife in for sunday. We will most likely have a few more riders with us as well. See you all Sunday at FJ at 1:00.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sunday 1:00

Ok, not real sure where the flying J is. I think that is a truck stop, help me out. ic

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sunday Ride

The Flying J is a big truck stop and uses Conoco fuel. If your going East on I-20, it's the next exit after US 49 under the overpass. I'm not sure of the exit name or number.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sunday ride

Yes, the Flying J is on Hwy 80 at the highway 49 exit. Get off of interstate 20, turn towards highway 80 and take a left at the light. FJ is on your left like a block down.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sunday

Thanks, got it- plan to be there, I will probably put my loud pipes back on just fo the ride or maybe you would rather I didn't. Look forward to it. ic

1 - 20 of 31 Posts